The Institute for Global Health (IGH) was established in 1999 by the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and the University of California, Berkeley (UCB). It is a unique multidisciplinary and cross-institutional enterprise, formally set up within the Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics in UCSF’s School of Medicine. In July 2004, IGH became an Organized Research Unit (ORU) at UCSF. IGH, now the Prevention and Public Health Group (PPHG), seeks to improve health worldwide, especially in developing countries, through research that informs policy. The research is part of a broader mission to advance the welfare of vulnerable populations in California, the United States, and abroad, through education, advocacy, and research.
Immunizations are one of public health’s greatest achievements. Vaccines help prevent diseases and help keep Californians of all ages healthy. Making sure all kids get their routine shots on time gives them a healthy start in life. The Immunization program provides leadership and support to public and private sector efforts to protect the population against vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Local CAIR Representative (LCR) will be responsible for provider retention, recruitment and outreach, and enrollment implementation for prospective and existing CAIR(California Automated Immunization Registry) users, including clinics, single and multiple physician private practices, hospitals, health plans, schools, day care centers and government or community programs that would benefit from accessing the information contained in the Immunization Registry. The analyst collaborates with co-workers, jurisdictional representatives, peers in other regional registries and, members of the Immunization Branch CAIR team. Incumbents in this position are required to work throughout the region and across jurisdictional boundaries. The incumbent will also perform other related duties.
The analyst may plan and conduct on-site visits of public and private health care facilities enrolled in the California Automated Immunization Registry (CAIR). The use of private automobile, car insurance and California Driver’s License is required.
This position is housed in Fresno, CA and the incumbent will work with providers in the Central Valley Region. This region includes the counties of Kern, Kings, Tulare, Inyo, Fresno, Madera and Mono. Travel may be involved but is estimated to be no more than 30%.
This is a contract position that ends on 6/30/13 with possibility of extension.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS with a major in Public Health, Human Services, Health Care or a related field and one year of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• One year of experience in human service, health care field, education or medical clinic management
• Experience with time management systems or calendars (e.g. Outlook)
• Strong problem solving skills, ability to work independently, and willingness to learn any required technology
• Experience with electronic health records – preferably CAIR or other immunization registry application
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work assignments
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Must be able to secure reliable transportation to perform the essential job functions of the position
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
• Automobile, California Driver’s License and car insurance
• Must be able and available to travel as required
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Microsoft Excel and Access experience
• Knowledge of vaccines and immunization schedules and medical practice management
• Experience in a public health or medical clinic setting
• Experience making presentations to small or large size groups