Local Contractor Distribution Territory Manager
Primary responsibility is to complete dealer distribution initiatives to improve revenue and/or profitability as part of the Compact Construction Customer Distribution Strategy.
Key deliverables include soliciting dealer management on recognizing the need for improvements and developing executable business cases to financially improve the compact business. By assessing current business gaps, developing financial rationale to implement change, and providing appropriate resources; dealers implement business model changes to improve the compact customer experience holistically.
This drives sustainable, profitable growth for both dealers and Caterpillar.
This position’s role executing the CCE Distribution Strategy is two-fold:
1) Uncover gaps that prevent dealers from meeting customer expectations. 2) Present improvements that dealers can execute. 3) Engage existing resources to improve the dealer business model. 4) Generate measurable results to improve profitable, sustainable growth of the LC business across all business functions.
1) Improve LC Distribution Development execution process to drive dealer engagement, gap identification, prioritization, and facilitation of long-term improvements.
This involves documenting best practices and leading special projects to improve the execution of the Local Contractor business model long-term.
Bachelors or equivalent degree in business or engineering
- Incumbents need 6 to 8 years prior experience in field assignments with 2 to 3 years working with sales/rental/used operations, Parts and Service
Understand how to interpret a Dealer P&L and leverage the information to drive focus actions plans
Solid financial acumen and experience with dealer financial statements.
Incumbent must possess good interpersonal skills, organizational skills, leadership, and ability to effectively communicate with Caterpillar & Dealership management in matrix organizations.
Incumbent must have a proven track record with strategy development, project management, implementation, and process improvement with Caterpillar, Dealers, and BCP products at the executive level.
- Must be open to relocation
- Must travel anywhere from 50%-75%
Experience with Building Construction Products as a Local Contractor Field representative is desired.
Experience with successfully implementing Ag growth strategies along with participating in Ag customer associations is preferred.
Experience in implementing BCP product support strategies for the Local Contractor covering both sales and operations (e.g. CSAs, ISRs, standard jobs, etc...) is preferred.
Experience with Six Sigma as a Green Belt or other support role is preferred.
Experience with the Local Contractor Winner’s Profile and applying this business model to drive sustainable changes at dealers is desired
- Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
*Relocation is available-There is flexibility if current residence provides greater access to accountable territory.
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity,
excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apr 23, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-North Carolina-Cary-CARY01-Bcp Cary-Us
Marketing / Sales / Product Support
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...