Questions call 234-200-3018 or 800-753-5050 ext. 3218
- Predictable lanes, customer locations, and pay checks.
- Out 1 or 2 nights maximum - guaranteed every weekend home.
- Dedicated dispatcher.
- The largest freight pool in the industry for quality freight and stable hours.
- Drive updated equipment we have 2012 and 2007 Internationals.
- The average gross income for Local Drivers is $1,000+ a week!
- Vacation pay, health benfits, 401k match up to 4%.
What you should know:
- You must have one year of experience driving a Semi Truck/ Tractor to be considered.
Safely operates a tractor-trailer combination with a GVW capacity of up to 80,000 pounds, to pick up, transport and deliver goods to customers. Abides by all Federal, State and local laws and J Rayl Transport policies and procedures. Properly secures cargo and handles freight as needed. Picks up and delivers loads at and to all requested locations. Conducts truck/trailer inspections and completes all required documentation. Provides friendly customer service and always displays a can do attitude and approach when interacting with customers. Completes additional paperwork and performs other duties as assigned.
Main Job TASKS
- Operates and at all times and under all types of conditions drives vehicle in a risk aversive manner
- Drives defensively at all times to avoid accidents and always allows and corrects for the mistakes of others on or around the road
- Visually and manually inspects the inside and outside of the vehicle
- Follows a structured checklist to document condition of the vehicle
- Documents improperly working items or damage to the vehicle
- Does not take an unsafe vehicle onto a public roadway
- Loads and unloads truck loads according to customer and freight handling specifications
- Using safe lifting techniques and body mechanics to avoid injury
- Gets help when confronted with heavy or hard to handle items
- Secures cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or other equipment
- Checks and protects freight during transport
- Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned
- Interacts with customers in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Responds to customer complaints and issues in a calm and professional manner
- Obtains receipts and signatures for delivered goods and collects payment for services when required
- Checks and documents condition of vehicle at completion of transport
- Abides by all DOT regulations, including hours of service
- Accurately documents all mileage and service hours in a driver’s daily log
- Describes vehicle condition to Maintenance personnel when repairs are needed
- Attends group safety meetings and in-service training programs to remain up-to-date on safety policies and procedures
- Ensure trailers are kept clean by inspecting prior to loading and once unloaded
The Truck Driver is responsible for driving a Class 8 tractor-trailer with safety as the first priority. Drivers must remain seated in the driver’s seat for extended periods of time. Vehicle inspections require the Driver to walk, stoop and bend at the knees. Drivers are required to lift, load and unload cargo, often by hand, and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
Drivers serve as the J Rayl company representative when delivering loads and interacting with customers, and are expected to treat customers with courtesy and respect at all times. Drivers interact with other Drivers on a minimal basis. Drivers speak with dispatch on a regular basis, but not less than weekly.
Drivers must report to work on time and deliver loads according to schedule. Drivers must maintain an excellent safety record with no preventable accidents. Drivers are expected to interact with customers in a pleasant manner, and to remain calm and professional in all situations.
- Risk averse and safety oriented
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Acceptable driving record meeting J Rayl Transport standards, verified through a current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- 23 years of age
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug/alcohol test
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to walk, stoop and bend at the knees
- Knowledge of traffic laws, rules and regulations
- Customer-service oriented
- Oral and written communication skills
- Neat, clean personal appearance
Tools and Equipment Used
- On-Board Dispatching/Tracking
- Dolleys/Pallet Jack
JRayl Transport Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard