Common Market Philadelphia, a mission-driven distributor of local farm food based in Philadelphia, is seeking a Sales & Customer Relationship Manager for its workplace farm share program. Common Market is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to create new markets for regional family farms and to expand the number of people who eat sustainably-grown farm food in our region. Delaware Valley Farm Share makes bi-weekly deliveries to workplaces of locally grown fruits, vegetables, eggs and cheese. Now going in to its third summer season, the program is poised for explosive growth.
Delaware Valley Farm Share is a partnership with Farm to City, an organization that unites families, communities and farmers year round through good locally grown food. It runs over 15 Farmers' Markets, a winter buying club and assists small farms in setting up their own CSA programs; its slogan is Real Farmers, Real Food.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all sales and customer relationship aspects of the Delaware Valley Farm Share program.
- Works closely with Common Market leadership & staff to develop sales strategy and execute strategy- achieving and/or exceeding new sales objectives as defined
- Establishes, develops and fosters quality relationships with HR/ Workplace Wellness Managers at medium to large employers in the Delaware Valley (Wilmington, Philadelphia, Princeton areas)
- Develops partnerships with Third Party Benefits Administrators, Insurance Companies and Property Management Companies to offer Farm Share to their clients
- Prospects through cold calling, networking and other methods of lead generation to schedule appointments and follow up with potential Farm Share sites
- Educates and advises potential customers on the benefits of Farm Share as part of a successful Workplace Wellness program
- Ensures proactive approach to maintain positive customer relations through ongoing communication, defining needs/expectations and working collaboratively with Common Market staff to find solutions to customers' needs
- Coordinates with Common Market operations, finance and communications staff in order to resolve customer problems and to improve Farm Share program for customers.
- Creates worksite wellness tools, communications, and campaigns that can be 'plugged' into any customers' wellness strategies. (ex. emails, newsletters, recruiting posters, presentations, white boards, farmer profiles)
- Provides on-going recruiting support to site coordinators
- Collects data about consumer and host site preferences regularly (surveys, focus groups, interviews, complaint log etc.)
- Regularly evaluates and makes suggestions about how to improve/adapt Farm Share
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Commitment to supporting local family farms
- Knowledge of health education programs, wellness programs, worksite and employee benefits
- Knowledge of sales prospecting, to include cold-calling, presenting and closing techniques
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement strategies that will increase the number of active sites, increase the number of participants at each site
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks while effectively servicing clients in a timely manner.
- Ability to network effectively among the business community
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers
- Knowledge of and skill in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Mastery of internet tools, including Constant Contact, Facebook, Google Drive and Dropbox
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to groups
- Ability to motivate self and work independently
- Exceptional organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Capability to do light physical work, such as carrying and setting up demo table (approximately 10 pounds)
- Ability to travel throughout the Delaware Valley, reliable transportation to/from customer workplaces
- Sales driven with an achiever attitude
- Commitment to local family farms
- Friendly and effective communicator
- Consultative approach
- Personal initiative to achieve sales goals must be high
- Bachelor's degree in a health-related field or an equivalent amount of college and experience
- 1-4 years of proven sales experience
- Some experience working with wellness initiatives, worksite solutions and/or employee benefits
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills
This position will have a base salary of $34k plus commission potential.
How to apply:
If you are passionate about good food from local farms, and you meet the job qualifications above, send your cover letter (including two work references) and your resume as attachment via email.
Please title the attachments using your last name as follows "LastName_Resume" and "LastName_Letter." Please title the email subject using your last name i.e. "LastName Application."
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until Friday, January 18, 2013. However, we are hiring immediately and encourage you to send an application without delay.
Women, minorities, and those dedicated to diversity and multiculturalism are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indeed - 10 months ago
We are a mission-driven local food distributor of local foods to the Philadelphia area. Our mission is to strengthen regional farms while...