We’re Patch, the trusted voice for local news and community engagement. We inform and connect the residents in our communities and simplify their everyday lives. We launched with just 3 sites in February 2009, and now are in more than 900 communities in 23 states across the country! Patch is revolutionizing the way neighbors connect with each other, their communities and the national conversation. We have more than 13 million unique visitors each month, a 30% increase in traffic year-over-year, and are continuing to grow. Patch is relentlessly focused on enhancing our platform to provide the best news and information, and to encourage users to interact. Our audience is engaged, and attractive to marketers looking to raise awareness, increase consideration and drive sales.
Patch is a premier brand within AOL’s portfolio of leading content sites. We are an entrepreneurial, start-up culture and, at the same time, able to leverage the scale and resources of our parent company. AOL is one of the largest producers of quality digital content and one of the world’s leading sellers of premium display advertising. Other brands in its portfolio include The Huffington Post, HuffPost Live, TechCrunch, Engadget, MapQuest, Stylelist, KitchenDaily, Style Me Pretty, MAKERS, Gdgt, and so much more.
You can't truly serve a community unless you provide the help it needs most, which is why giving back is so important to us. We do it as part of our coverage — in a dedicated space that lets local charities and volunteers find each other — and with a program called "Give 5," through which we donate advertising space to charitable organizations and contribute our own time as volunteers. Our teams care about and live in Patch communities. After Hurricane Sandy, our Local Editors listened to their communities about what their needs were. This resulted in a global corporate initiative to get badly needed goods to those areas most affected.
About Patch Sales:
Patch sells local, regional and national advertising. We are firmly rooted in our communities and have largely been focused on helping local businesses survive and thrive. We are now tackling the next large pool of marketers and are expanding our scope to reach those at a regional and national level. Patch is uniquely positioned to help these marketers make authentic connections in our towns.
Role: Local Online Sales Account Executive
As one of Patch’s Local Online Sales Account Executives, you’ll work closely with our advertisers as their in-town online advertising expert. You’ll know your own Patch platform (and others) backwards and forwards so you can present complete advertising solutions. You may even decide to host a local seminar on how to achieve the best results by advertising on the web. As the leading local business executive you will attend chamber and trade functions, get involved in community groups, head up charitable efforts, and maintain a highly visible presence in the business community. Combining superior digital marketing expertise with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to ‘close’ deals, you will ultimately sell Patch advertising inventory, champion Patch’s unique business model, and support the company’s long-term vision and success.
This role covers the following Patch areas: Pelham, New Rochelle, Larchmont, Rye & PortChester, NY.
- Sell online advertising products (including banner ads, premium listings, coupons, video, and more) to local businesses, overseeing all sales and inventory management in your assigned local markets
- Present promotional opportunities and display options to local store owners and business managers
- Research, identify and pursue opportunities to increase sales of both current and new offerings—constantly finding ways to optimize ad campaigns and grow accounts, while also seeking out new business
- Help to coordinate, and sometimes attend, local seminars and event sponsorships
- Act as a passionate representative of and local ambassador for Patch
Patch offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. Patch Media is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (in marketing, business, or a related discipline)
- 1-3 years related experience
- Top-notch selling and marketing instincts with strong interpersonal, communications and influencing skills
- Willingness and confidence to take on the role of a Patch media and advertising consultant
- Clear grasp of the industry and a passion for the web, social networking, and online community websites
- Ability to simultaneously manage sales, inventory, design and other aspects of online advertising
- Capacity to quickly tap into the interests, rhythms, and identity of a community
- Unparalleled organizational skills, and the ability to work independently, as well as on a team
- Car ownership (a must) and flexibility to work from anywhere—be it at home, from your car, or in town, at a local coffee shop or store
- Proximity to—or the ability to relocate near or in—the relevant market location
- Ability and willingness to work hours outside of the typical M-F and 9-5, sometimes weekend
Local Sales, Outside Sales, Advertising Sales, Ad Sales, Media Sales, Ad Sales Rep, Digital Media Sales, Interactive Sales, Online Sales, Online Ad Sales, Sal
es Manager, Ad Sales Manager, Radio Ad Sales, Online Advertising Sales Manager, Online Ad Sales Manager, Account Manager, Account Executive, Sales Executive, Digital Account Executive, Advertising Sales Executive, Online Sales Executive, Online Advertising Sales, Internet Marketing
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...