Job Title: Local Sales Manager
The purpose of this position is to achieve local advertising revenue objectives. The LSM’s primary function is to set priorities with the sales staff, strengthen basic skills and develop the Account Executives to become the preferred supplier for their advertising clients and reach assigned budgetary goals.
• Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
• Recruits and develops sales team and administers sales plans including identification of objectives and action programs to achieve overall business goals.
• Maximize inventory through creative packaging, and promotions and controlling rates.
• Establishes, revises and monitors performance standards for continuous improvement.
• Maintains an open line of communication with other system managers, other supervisors, and team members
• Conducts professional sales training to reflect changes in the services, product offerings, research tools and market conditions.
• Identifies and corrects operations barriers that hinder successful performance by developing creative solutions to problems, including the use of automation, procedure revisions, organizational changes, collaboration with other service departments, etc
• Analyze market research and local business trends for strengths and weaknesses.
• Responsible for participating in the execution of day-to-day operations when business needs and/or work load circumstances dictate.
• Develops and administers incentive and awareness programs to motivate employees, boost sales activity and recognize exceptional performance
• Responsible for recognizing, rewarding and encouraging successful performance through ongoing monitoring and coaching.
• Other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ability to communicate in person, telephone or written
• Ability to sort and distribute materials
• Ability to use reasoning to problem-solve and troubleshoot
• Ability to use a calculator, PC, CRT, typewriter and other standard office machines
• Ability to work in a climate controlled, air processed environment
• Ability to give public presentations
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of SalesSCAN, Neilsen, CableSCAN preferred
• Proficiency with Windows-based computer
• Knowledge of the local media market and local contacts preferred
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize effectively
• Strong people and relationship management skills
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Demonstrated strong presentation and sales skills
• Valid state driver's license and a good driving record required
• 3 - 5 years of successful media sales or equivalent experience
• Cable advertising experience preferred
• Two to three years prior sales management preferably in media sales
• Ability to work in climate-controlled areas
• Exposure to typical office environment
• Some travel required
Suddenlink - 22 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...