Suddenlink Media has an opening for a successful, highly motivated, and results oriented Local Sales Manager. The right candidate will meet and exceed local advertising revenue objectives and become the preferred supplier for their advertising clients.
• Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
• Recruits and develops sales team and administers sales plans including identification of objectives and action programs to achieve overall business goals.
• Maximize inventory through creative packaging, and promotions and controlling rates.
• Establishes, revises and monitors performance standards for continuous improvement.
• Maintains an open line of communication with other system managers, other supervisors, and team members
• Conducts professional sales training to reflect changes in the services, product offerings, research tools and market conditions.
• Identifies and corrects operations barriers that hinder successful performance by developing creative solutions to problems, including the use of automation, procedure revisions, organizational changes, collaboration with other service departments, etc
• Ability to analyze and utilize market research trends to enhance sales efforts
• Responsible for participating in the execution of day-to-day operations when business needs and/or work load circumstances dictate.
• Develops and administers incentive and awareness programs to motivate employees, boost sales activity and recognize exceptional performance
• Responsible for recognizing, rewarding and encouraging successful performance through ongoing monitoring and coaching.
• Provide excellent leadership and development for our sales team
• Other duties as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Knowledge of the local media market and local contacts preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to build strong, long lasting client relationships
• Demonstrated strong presentation and sales skills
• Valid state driver's license and a good driving record required
• 3 - 5 years of successful media sales or equivalent experience
• Cable advertising experience preferred
• Two to three years prior sales management preferably in media sales
• Some travel required
Suddenlink - 10 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...