Looking for your next challenge? How about helping people all over the world make better career decisions? Glassdoor is well-known for its user-generated content around company reviews, salaries, and interview questions. Recently, we’ve launched several international sites and need your help to continue our expansion!
Join our international team of highly experienced individuals and take ownership of all our localization and international content initiatives from inception to launch. You have a passion for language and appreciate the intricacies of how it translates on the web. Also, you’ve picked up a lot of skills along the way that make you and your teams highly effective and productive.
- Identify and prioritize market-specific needs and initiatives to make Glassdoor fully accessible to our global community
- Drive localization program management - including localization vendor selection and management, resource allocation and budgeting, scheduling, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the global localization team to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the localization process.
- Assist with managing development efforts - identify interdependencies, anticipate bottlenecks, and manage trade-offs to ensure the most efficient use of resources
- Ensure high linguistic quality and proper display of strings on the site
- Drive the launch process and ongoing maintenance plans for all the i18n sites
- Work with marketing, PR, legal and operations to grow and maintain our sites
- 3-5 years of experience with internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) of high-traffic websites
- Experience and interest in non-US markets (EMEA, Canada), including proficiency in at least two languages in addition to English (preferably French or German)
- Proven experience in project/program management with a focus on large-scale/complex projects and distributed teams.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with web-based product development using Agile methodologies and short release cycles
- Naturally organized with great communication skills and the ability to establish positive working cross-functional working relationships
- Strong attention to detail and high standards for quality
- Previous experience with Smartling is a plus
Glassdoor offers a competitive compensation package including equity. We’re backed by top-tier VCs, including our first investor Benchmark Capital. Our office is located in beautiful Sausalito, CA (minutes away from San Francisco, just across the Golden Gate bridge).
vacations days, a fully stocked kitchen and a dog-friendly office!
Glassdoor - 9 months ago
Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets us apart is our...