Manages location operations and provides staff oversight. Represents First Student with school administrators for all communications, excluding contract negotiations. Directly supervises staff and manages efficient performance of the location.
1) Manages operational expenses to optimize all cost per bus.
2) Explains budget variances.
3) Maximizes all charter revenue.
4) Manages injury and collision claims
5) Ensures FS safety practices and applicable regulations are obeyed by all employees.
6) Ensures facilities and buses are maintained to FS safety and applicable regulatory standards, including environmental standards, i.e., idling time.
7) Sets accurate scheduled hours for routes.
8) Minimizes route drive times and mileage while adhering to contractual and regulatory mandates.
9) Tracks and addresses labor variances.
10) Efficiently uses stand-by drivers.
11) Minimizes driver labor schedule.
12) Provides accurate timely operational and financial reporting as requested by AGM and/or finance.
13) Ensures purchases (including parts) follow company processes and policies.
14) Drives employee engagement and recognition.
Level of decision making and examples of common decisions made:
Location staff decisions (including maintenance)
Fleet excess identification
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
4 year degree or equivalent experience
Experience & Skills Required:
3+ years experience
Skilled in oral and written communications.
Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with clients.
Strong presentation skills.
Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
Strong business background in financial, strategic, and organizational analysis.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions :
Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
Additional measures applicable to this position:KPIs (Safety, Financial, & Customer):
Collisions / million miles
Injury per thousand employees
Lost time injuries per thousand employees
Sleeping child and student drop-off errors / million miles
Location EBIT / bus
Cost per bus (including parts inventory)
Charter revenue per bus
Accounts Receivable aging
GPS hours / paid hours variance
Scheduled hours / paid hours variance
Maintenance total hours to task hours
Non-driver FTE / bus
Overtime expense / bus
Standby driver cost / bus & hours / bus
Direct maintenance labor expense / total maintenance labor expense
Idling events (3 month trend)
Miles per gallon / bus vs. prior year budget
On-time arrival %
Employee & customer satisfaction survey
Click on Apply Now to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
Drug screening is a condition of employment.
FirstGroup - 14 months ago
First Student knows that a student's first assignment is to get to school, safely and on time. Together, First Student and sister...