Gerdau is currently seeking a Location Manager for its St. Paul, MN recycling facility.
• Will be looking after the day to day operations of the site
• Responsible for maintaining customer relationships with Gerdau Mills and Third Party customers
• Responsible for the overall health & safety in conjunction with the Corporate Safety program for the location
• Responsible for Labor Relations and personnel policy at the location.
• Responsible for achieving operational goals.
• Develop and implement strategies for third party sales to generate cash and savings to the Steel Mills.
• Direct responsibility for the transfer cost of internal scrap material into a Gerdau Steel Mill or Recycling location and/or scrap material to a Third Party Customer Steel Mill.
• Overall responsibility of the locations costs including spending and budget development.
• Ensures environmental compliance and conformance within corporate policy and procedures.
• Responsible for continuous improvement and long term planning
• Minimum H.S. Diploma/GED, prefer Bachelor’s Degree (Business Management)
• 3-5 yrs. related industry experience (manufacturing environment directly related to scrap)
• Be a self starter, highly motivated and driven to excel
• Posses strong computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be willing and comfortable working in a scrap yard environment
• Ability to think critically and work independently
• Must be able to build a team and keep that team motivated to work safely and effectively
• Must have strong communication skills
• Previous demonstrated leadership experience
• Be clear, concise in decision making process
• Prefer scrap metal experience
• Prefer lengthy experience in the steel industry
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical and Prescription
Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Gerdau Ameristeel puts its stamp on the steel business in the US. The company is one of the largest minimill steelmakers in North America,...