Gerdau is currently seeking a Location Manager for its St. Paul, MN recycling facility.
• Will be looking after the day to day operations of the site
• Responsible for maintaining customer relationships with Gerdau Mills and Third Party customers
• Responsible for the overall health & safety in conjunction with the Corporate Safety program for the location
• Responsible for Labor Relations and personnel policy at the location.
• Responsible for achieving operational goals.
• Develop and implement strategies for third party sales to generate cash and savings to the Steel Mills.
• Direct responsibility for the transfer cost of internal scrap material into a Gerdau Steel Mill or Recycling location and/or scrap material to a Third Party Customer Steel Mill.
• Overall responsibility of the locations costs including spending and budget development.
• Ensures environmental compliance and conformance within corporate policy and procedures.
• Responsible for continuous improvement and long term planning
• Minimum H.S. Diploma/GED, prefer Bachelor’s Degree (Business Management)
• 3-5 yrs. related industry experience (manufacturing environment directly related to scrap)
• Be a self starter, highly motivated and driven to excel
• Posses strong computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be willing and comfortable working in a scrap yard environment
• Ability to think critically and work independently
• Must be able to build a team and keep that team motivated to work safely and effectively
• Must have strong communication skills
• Previous demonstrated leadership experience
• Be clear, concise in decision making process
• Prefer scrap metal experience
• Prefer lengthy experience in the steel industry
Gerdau offers opportunities for advancement in an ever challenging, high-tech environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to grow with a world-class, multinational company. We recognize the contributions of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement.
Gerdau offers excellent benefits that start the FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT!
Medical and Prescription
Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
Health Advocate Services
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Gerdau is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to diversifying its workforce. All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship.
Gerdau - 20 months ago
Gerdau Ameristeel puts its stamp on the steel business in the US. The company is one of the largest minimill steelmakers in North America,...