Dressbarn , a subsidiary of Ascena Retail Group, Inc., (NASDAQ - ASNA), offers casual career and special occasion fashion apparel and accessories at value prices for women ages 35-55, operating approximately 830 stores in 48 states. Ascena Retail Group Inc. is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls and boys, operating, through a family of wholly-owned subsidiaries, dressbarn , maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherines! Ascena operates through its subsidiaries over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with revenues of over $4 billion.
At dressbarn, we believe talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we also offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands
The Location Planner partners with Planning, Buying, and Allocation to develop, implement, and manage to location plans that will maximize sales and inventory turns of a designated area.
- Develop and maintain location plans down to department/class/subclass level that tie to the Merchandise Financial Plans.
- Build the proper unit plans by department/class/subclass for regular, clearance, and total to drive appropriate turn targets
- Focus on developing regular price unit plans which will drive and support buying strategies and enhance future product mix offerings.
- Drill down to subclass and assess profitability by store via regular/clearance sales penetrations and make appropriate recommendations where warranted.
- Partner with Merchandise Planning to drive pre-season and in season location plans that are aligned with planning strategies.
- Collect and analyze store sales trends to determine better flow of product to the stores.
- Develop location department/class/subclass projections in season to drive allocation strategies; projections to feed JDA Allocation system.
- Monitor weekly open to ship by assessing store department/class/subclass sales, inventory, and forward weeks of cover; provide information to accurately replenish stores based on the data gathered, as well as adhering to the plan.
- Weekly touch base meetings with their corresponding Distributors in order to pinpoint and target exception stores that are over achieving or under achieving current store sales and inventory targets.
- Participate in meetings by sharing current trend by store grouping and vocalize any future updates/opportunities for their location projections.
- Take part in hind sighting months/quarters as they actualize and determine which store groups either drove or missed the business during this time period; strategize go forward opportunities.
- Partner with cross functional team members in Planning, Allocation and Buying and share hindsight information accordingly.
- Visit local stores in close proximity, in order to maintain a continuous understanding of in store environment and how their areas of responsibility correlate to total store.
- Regional travel as opportunities arise; foster field partnership with RSM's and DSM's
This list of position responsibilities herein is not intended to be all-inclusive and may include additional responsibilities as required and assigned. It may become necessary to modify/change these position responsibilities from time to time.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Thorough understanding of Retail math.
- Minimum 2 years planning experience; or 5 - 7 years allocation experience with senior level responsibilities, allocation manager experience as well, if available.
- Proficient computer skills; Micro Strategy and Oracle Retek knowledge a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exhibit initiative, high engagement, and positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- 2 years ago - save job
Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel and...