The Lock Box Clerk is responsible for processing packages related to Lock Box jobs for Emdeon clients. They will also assist in the daily functions of the Specialty Mails Clerk and learn all aspects of both jobs. In addition to the Lock Box responsibilities, this individual will operate the mail sorter on a daily basis to finalize the small USPS jobs for presentation to USPS clerk.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Entering and printing of all necessary labels and information for lock box packages and mail sorting machine
• Double check all contents of the lock box packages to verify the shipment is accurate
• Assemble boxes as needed and package the mail in the appropriate mailer.
• Label the boxes accurately and follow all processes and procedures.
• Operate the shrink wrap machine as well to prepare the packages for shipping.
Secondary Responsibilities include:
• Operate the mail sorting machine.
• Assemble all the mail, run it through the sorting machine, finalize USPS paperwork and present mail trays to USPS clerk for verification and acceptance.
• Assist the specialty mails department as needed
• Learn the Agile system.
SECTION II: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent communication skills
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Work independently
• Ability to read small print
• Detail oriented and must follow all processes and procedures
• Ability to keep up with the fast paced mail sorting machine
• High standard for quality
• Meet deadlines in timely manner. (Lockbox completed by 1:00pm and sorter completed by 3:30pm daily)
• Utilize time wisely
• Have complete understanding of the Agile system, mail sorter system and shrink wrap machine
Chamberlin Edmonds - 23 months ago
Chamberlin Edmonds, an Emdeon company, is a leading provider of comprehensive eligibility and enrollment services with over 26 years of...