Makes keys; repairs, reconstructs and replaces latches and locks for interior and exterior doors on all buildings on campus. Installs, maintains and troubleshoots offline and online Card Access system. Works on a regular schedule, but gives priority to emergencies, as required. Maintains files of keys and work orders. Performs the duties of Public Safety Officer and serves in other Public Safety functions as required.
1. Must hold a valid locksmith license from the State of New Jersey.
2. At least one year of previous locksmithing experience.
3. Must be willing and able to attend and successfully complete supplementary locksmithing courses/training as required by the Department of Public Safety.
4. Some background knowledge in security/electronics is required.
5. Knowledge of basic wiring, and industry standards and best practices for wiring access control systems.
6. Knowledge of basic computer skills, and the ability and desire to learn new skills and applications.
7. Vision correctable to normal. Normal hearing range.
8. Must be available for overtime as required.
9. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle Policy. A MVC check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.
10. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Fairleigh Dickinson University - 20 months ago