Provide locksmith services throughout the Universtiy to include lock installation, repair, replacement, as well as maintain the integrity all key and lock systems. |
1. Performs assignments under limited supervision.
2. Directs the work of employees under the direction of the supervisor.
3. Under the direction of the supervisor, assumes general responsibility for the completion of assignments.
4. Determines the manpower and material requirements and the means and methods to be used in accomplishing work assignments and recommends changes.
5. Secures materials, supplies and equipment.
6. Lays out, set ups and installs/reinstalls locks. Removes, repairs, rebuilds, replaces all types of lock devices and all hardware associated with the trade.
7. Maintains integrity of all keying and locking systems.
8. Repairs panic hardware limited to cylinders, cores and mortise locks.
9. Repairs and rekeys ‘detex-type’ alarms.
10. Maintains clean work area and/or cleans job site.
11. Directs and trains labor grade employees.
12. Observes safety standards and practices.
13. Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
Required Education and Experience
Four or more years of experience as a locksmith.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
CT Drivers License.
1. Frequently stooping, bending, kneeling and/or squatting.
2. Works in confined areas.
3. Works outside in all types of weather and temperatures.
4. Moves, assembles, lifts and carrys equipment, tools and materials of up to 20 lbs. without assistance. This includes from floor to table height and table height to shelving of up to six (6) feet. (The reverse is also true.)
5. Must have ability to be bondable and/or never been removed from a bonded (locksmith) position
6. Works in dusty and dirty environments.
7. Must hold valid Driver's License.
8. Ability to operate manual and automatic key cutting machines, master pin cylinders and miscellaneous hand tools necessary in the locksmith trade.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Last Day Bids Accepted
Last Day Bids Accepted Time
Effective on or before:
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. Internal candidates may be subject to a motor vehicle or credit check for this position based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of the required background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Additional Background or Health Screening Requirements:
Selected incumbent must have successful completion of a DMV check and a valid driver’s license.
**Must Pass YARC (Yale Animal Resource Center) Clearance.** Form requirements are available at 221 Whitney Ave. This form is filed with the Health Plan in a confidential file folder specific to employees who work at YSM Buildings. Offer is contingent upon successful health screening.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 18 months ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...