Locomotive Service Technician
Reports to: Supervisor Department/Location: Green Bay
Revision Date: 11/15/12 Division: M-Bar-D
Safely operate locomotive service trucks. Provide locomotive servicing according to company and Canadian National procedures.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection of assigned truck.
- Ensure truck is loaded with all required supplies and safety equipment.
- Ensure all water, oil, and sand tanks are filled.
- Communicate with other shifts at turnover.
- Perform servicing according to locomotive servicing schedule.
- Operate truck in a safe manner, following all rules and procedures.
- Follow all safety procedures, including wearing all appropriate PPE.
- Complete all required reports.
- Maintain good communication with management and customer.
- Be knowledge on all rail yards in service areas: schedules, routes, safety rules, and contracts.
- Provide locomotive servicing according to established procedure.
- Follow all company and applicable railroad policies and procedures.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping of equipment and site.
- Special Projects as assigned
- Outdoor environment, working in snow, rain, and heat.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Walk and stand on uneven ground
- Climb ladders to access locomotives
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist and reach
- Class B CDL and medical certificate
- 1 year of commercial driving experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Team player.
- Self motivated.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organization and paperwork skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Detail oriented.
- Basic Mechanical knowledge
- Some travel may be required (ground, rail and air)
Wage Type: hourly
Holland Company - 11 months ago