• Serve as Lodging Manager for three Condominium Projects comprising two Front Desks, a Reservations Department, and two Housekeeping Departments.
• Interface with the Sales Team
• Supervise Revenue Management
• Conduct P.M.S. Configuration, Packages, and Training
• Schedule, Supervise, Train, & assure Quality / Procedural compliance of Front Desk and Night Audit Staff
• Coordinate with the Condominium Owner Relations Manager, Meetings & Catering, and the I.T. Department.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have Bachelors Degree in Business / Hospitality.
• Must have five to seven years of progressive experience in Front Desk Operations, Reservations, and Night Audit. Must have minimum three years in a supervisory / managerial role.
• Prefer experience in Condominium Rental Pool operations.
• Must have extensive P.M.S. and computerized Key Systems knowledge.
• Must know Front Desk Procedures, Controls, and Redundancy. Must have a Revenue Management skill set, know Reservations selling & closing training, and be able to demonstrate sound business judgment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent computer skills, with previous knowledge or ability to quickly learn Outlook, Internet software; EXCEL Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding organizational, follow-up, time management and documentation skills (attention to detail is paramount). Must be able to self motivate and multi-task with a strong customer service focus and strong persuasion skills. Ability to develop a rapport and maintain excellent working relationships with key departments and all staff members. Ability to gain support from leaders and owners.
It is essential that the employee support and integrate the values of Sandestin Investment LLC and interact effectively with guests and staff. The employee is expected to demonstrate a commitment to our values and professionalism through appropriate conduct all the time.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Delegation - Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Makes self available to staff; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue ; Conserves organizational resources.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's vision, goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Communicates tasks effectively; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and efficiency; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Sandestin - 21 months ago
Value Place Ft. Walton Beach
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hospitality Online, Inc.
- 11 days ago