W R Systems, LTD has a potential need for a Logistician at our Norfolk, VA location. The selected candidate will be responsible for facilitating the development and integration of the 10 individual logistic support elements (maintenance planning; supply support; support & test equipment; manpower & personnel; training & training support; technical data; computer resources support; facilities; packaging, handling, storage and transportation; and design interface) to specify, develop, acquire, test, field and support systems. Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
Prime resumes will include knowledge of or having instituted a Performance Based Logistics (PBL) program for the government; having served at Navy Inventory Control Point (NAVICP) or Defense Logistics Agency (DLA); and having attended or taught Integrated Logistics at the Defense Acquisition University or other government-sponsored ILS trend-leading institution.
- Coordinates the elements of integrated logistics support with the system engineering effort. Identifies tradeoffs as required between elements to acquire a system that is affordable, operable, supportable, sustainable, transportable, and environmentally sound within the resources available.
- Develops logistics documentation in support of the maintenance philosophy and acquisition strategy.
- Has a demonstrated knowledge of logistics management principles, concepts, policies, regulations, common naval support programs (e.g., TDMIS, CDMD-OA, PARTS, WSF, ICAPS) and a thorough understanding of Life Cycle Support requirements.
- Conducts data research and analysis, and generates reports.
- Develops and maintains Allowance Parts Lists, as required.
- Develops Provisioning Technical Data, Program Support Data, and maintenance documentation.
- Proofreads and edits own work.
- Establishes and maintains a document filing system to retrieve or revise previous documents.
- Maintains image resource files.
- Keeps record of work performed.
- Has the flexibility to move from one assignment/project to the next when specific tasks assigned terminate or commence.
- Completes multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completes various reports to reflect completed and in-progress tasking.
- Supports the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; good citizenship.
- Develops and manages the life cycle logistics requirements for DOD electronic equipment and systems, such as interior communications, switchboards, navigation, or radar.
Candidate must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook; Navy Logistics Databases
W R Systems, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran
* Please note that this position is pending upon approval of funding *