New York City-based Borderfree is the recognized market leader in international ecommerce, operating a technology and services platform that the world's most iconic brands rely on to expand globally and transact with customers in 103 countries and territories and more than 60 currencies worldwide. Borderfree manages all aspects of international online retailing including: localized pricing and payment processing, landed cost calculation, customs clearance and brokerage, fraud management, logistics orchestration, and customer-experience parity. For more information, visit www.borderfree.com.
Responsible for the evaluation and analysis of global transportation and logistics data and operations to promote efficiencies, improvements and identify cost reductions. Substantial analysis and evaluation of carrier and 3PL costs, bids, freight payment data and service level performance is required. Assists in implementing transportation and logistics solutions to improve execution, reduce costs and meet company objectives. Will directly assist and support Customer Service, Logistics Operations and Procurement with special projects, analysis and implementation of services.
- Evaluate Supply Chain and Logistics activities and identify potential opportunities for improvements including analyzing carrier and 3PL bids, rates, costs, and mode comparisons utilizing various tariffs, rating engines and payment history
- Support the development of standardized transportation and logistics contracts and operations
- Audit logistics operations against contract standards and language
- Create and maintain carrier, 3PL and packaging database
- Maintain transportation routing instructions by Country
- Support Supply Chain and Logistics personnel on special projects and initiatives
- Monitor carrier and provider performance based upon defined criteria
- Create weekly and monthly carrier performance and service reports as requested
- Analyze and report carrier trends and potential issues
- Define and manage freight bill audit and payment guidelines & procedures
- Post-audit weekly freight bill summaries to ensure accuracy
- Assist in analyzing and correcting specific issues and concerns regarding overall logistics and transportation operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation/Logistics or equivalent experience is required.
- 2 – 5+ years experience in logistics analysis or related logistics experience preferably with a 3PL, Retail or Aftermarket/Small Parts Distribution environment
Physical Demands / Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to independently identify logistics improvement opportunities and communicate initiatives and plans to site management
- Strong analytical skills are essential, specifically using databases (Access, etc.)
- Must understand key transportation concepts (modes, carriers, tariffs and costing). Strong understanding or Parcel, Freight Forwarding, Freight Audit and Payment, warehousing operations and costing preferred.
- Strong computer skills including MS applications (Access, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) including ability to create queries and reports utilizing Access and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and small group communication is required.
Occasional by infrequent travel is required. < 5%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
FiftyOne - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard