This position will be responsible for performing administrative functions required to support daily logistics operations. These functions may include, but are not limited to, contract updates, on boarding of new carriers, filing freight claims, acting as the administrator of small package accounts, and execution of various functions related to freight payment and updating transportation management system. Key to the position is timely and accurate execution of tasks and assigned projects and to identify find ways to improve the efficiency of functions performed.
This position will report to the Senior Supervisor - Logistics Administration.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Prepare transportation contracts and addendums following the MBCI standard formats. Assist in establishing standard rate addendum formats and standard deviations to facilitate standardization of rate loading.
- Ensure all contract changes and carrier setup documents are sent to the carrier, and carrier changes and additions are updated in corresponding MBCI and 3rd party systems.
- Responsible for auditing contract files and monitoring insurance expiration and coverage levels to ensure compliance.
- File, research, and manage freight claims.
- Partner with and train other areas (ie. customer service, dispatch, scheduling, shipping, sourcing, planning, carrier operations, etc.) on processes to improve performance and overall customer service.
- Coordinate freight payment efforts cross functionally and with Third Party Freight Payment providers to ensure that carriers are paid accurately and timely. These activities include: processing rejected invoices, supporting carrier operations in managing aged invoices, and execution of process change requests (CRF)
- Translate contract updates and build tariffs in the functional Transportation Management System to support freight optimization. Assist in trouble shooting any issues that may arise.
- Maintain documentation of work processes.
- Other duties as assigned
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- Degree preferred, but not required.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively with all internal, external customers, and carriers.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze a problem, break it into components and implement solutions.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to perform multiple tasks & work independently.
- Attention to detail: Ability to provide accurate information and ensure time lines are maintained in the processing of claims, contracts, addendums, and freight payment.
- General PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel) required.
- Working knowledge of transportation, claims, contracts and/or freight payment preferred, but not required.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...