Develops zip code tables for designated carriers and applies/maintains data for rate/zone tables, time and transit parameters, and carrier pricing discounts on K-Ship and Warehouse Advantage systems. Conducts audits to ensure rates and charges are accurately applied to meet least cost shipping methods and expected service levels. Provide analysis of current trends and opportunities for cost reductions or service level improvements.
Conducts package level detail audits to insure parcel manifest and transmissions comply with carrier specifications and regulations. Audits carrier invoices through K-Ship reconciliation and makes recommendations for payment. Highlights discrepancies and reports financial impacts.
Develops queries to acquire operating data. Formats and compiles operating data for management reports. Compiles financial data supporting accruals and reports for month close. Assist in developing explanations for operating variances through analysis of changes in cost drivers.
Develop and lead initiatives for with executing system tests related to K-Ship and affected operating systems. Reports results and recommendations for corrective action or enhancement.
Retrieves parcel delivery status results from carrier data sets and loads data to parcel delivery status data bases. Develops and reports package delivery results in aggregate and at the carrier level. Communicate and interact with our contracted carriers-i.e. delivery exceptions and assist in resolving delivery related issues.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools and query tools.
- Accomplished in analyzing complex data and charting results.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively communicate findings at a high level.
- Willing to challenge results and make recommendations for change.
- Responds with a sense of urgency. Shows a genuine concern for the customer and fulfillment expectations.
- Ability to speak/communicate with employees of all levels as well as vendor/clients.
- Capable of working independently and in a team setting.
- Is familiar with parcel and freight carrier networks, tariffs, and regulations.
- Experienced in developing data bases, queries, and reports.
- Beneficial to have worked in a distribution and shipping environment.