Responsible for management of customer expectations through the overall administration of customer orders from initial receipt to shipment of the product. This position represents a key interface to Goodrich’s customers requiring the use of excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong customer relationships and to resolve issues involving material supply and shipments.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships using excellent interpersonal skills.
- Provide primary customer interfacing between manufacturing, planning & control, shipping and customer support engineering to fulfill customer requests and resolve delivery issues.
- Collaborate with Program Management and the Contracts Group to ensure the proper delivery of hardware to OEM’s per the contract. (Ex- FOC, low-charge and spares hardware.).
- Ensure that shipments are managed in accordance with company direction in times of bankruptcy and customer strikes.
- Ensure that all customer specific contract requirements are incorporated into the material ordering process.
- Responsible for managing Goodrich Corporation Order Cancellation and Reschedule Policy in response to customer cancellations and rescheduling requests.
- Develop and maintain customer & delivery centric metrics.
- Answering AOG calls, coordinating with other Goodrich departments to ensure delivery of parts and relevant additional information to customers in accordance with the Goodrich AOG policy.
- Approve the authorization of goods returns and coordinating with the Returned Goods Department and the customer to administer the return process.
- Adapt to using various customer web portals to obtain purchase orders and to complete the necessary paperwork for government inspections (i.e.-DD250)
- Support and participate in customer program review meetings conducted both on site and at the customer’s location.
- In the absence of the designated Customer Service Representative, act as the back up and fulfill the necessary requirements, typically for a limited time period. Flexibility in working with a diverse customer base (OEM’s, Distributors and the Government buying agencies.)
- Implement ways to ensure the quality and accuracy of all paperwork while maintaining customer records per ISO standards and assisting in customer audits.
- Initiate and lead Continuous Improvement events within the department and participate in lean-events as required.
- Performs all other responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and knowledge of various Goodrich business systems.
- Minimum of three to five years related experience and a general understanding of basic business principles are required.
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with the aerospace industry and/or aircraft wheels and brakes would be an advantage.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relations and to be able to resolve difficult business and interpersonal situations (i.e. Customer complaints) effectively.
- Capability and skill to use Microsoft Word processing, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook software and the ability to grasp and efficiently use the Goodrich business system. Ability to learn and use effectively multiple Customer business systems (i.e. Web-Portals.)
- Ability to plan, organize and carryout various assignments in order to meet customer expectations in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced work environment.
- Competency in maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability.
- Ability to promote a team environment by working closely with other Customer Service Representatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to recognize and use internal resources to resolve customer and internal issues.
- Competence to effectively present information and respond to questions from various internal and external entities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- SAP experience a plus.
Goodrich Corporation - 16 months ago
Goodrich is a tireless leader in aerospace systems. The company serves regional/business aircraft, original equipment and aftermarket,...