IN SUPPORT OF STAMIS PDSS
Assists in the development of customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop post software sustainment support activities for the lifecycle support of STAMIS.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Serves as a Functional SME for Software Sustainment and Support tasks and services for assigned section or IPTs. SARSS 1Prepares and provides status reports, updates, and management briefings.
- Coordinates internal resources to achieve both functional and technical software sustainment and support tasks and services to include functional design, technical analysis, technical design, security management, development, customer assistance, documentation, risk management, and testing for STAMIS and executive software and hardware to include Automated Data Processing (ADP) and Automated Identification Technology (AIT), integration testing, software loading and integration of software and hardware requirements, training, fielding of software, installing equipment, collecting data, and integration services to include AIT and host devices and quality assurance for all tasks and services.
- Supports, researches, analyzes, and resolves functional PDSS and functional issues that relate to proposed changes to STAMIS operations or changes in Army policy or procedure.
- Provides immediate assistance to customer inquiries via email and telephone using the Remedy automated tracking system.
- Provides written and telephonic customer assistance to users.
- Performs Security and attends meetings, as required.
- Develops and updates functional and/or technical documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May serve as the Team lead for less complex projects assigned by the Senior Analyst.
Basic Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Travel may be required.
- Associates Degree in a job-related discipline, e.g., business, IT with five years military logistics experience. A total of nine years logistics experience may be substituted for the Associates degree.
- A SECRET clearance is required.
- Must have at least 5 years military logistics experience in the following areas:
- Performing supply management functions in an automated logistics management environment
- Application of logistics management principles, concepts, policies, regulations, and military support programs; a thorough understanding of system Lifecycle Support requirements; and demonstrated skills with implementation and maintenance of asset management, transportation, and procurement
- Performing material or maintenance management functions including ordering, scheduling, tracking, inventory control, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a group environment.
- Written and oral communication skills; the ability to interface with a variety of individuals; and a thorough understanding of technical instructions.
- Knowledge of Army logistical requisition, supply, maintenance, property accountability, and management process, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintain standards compliance for ISO 9001 and CMMI.
- Ability to evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Ability to lead a software development team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience facilitating communications between a technical staff and a community of users.
- Communication: Promotes active listening with team members; Contributes appropriately to conversations; Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Problem Solving: Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects; Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others
- Customer Orientation: Listens to customers, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and effectively responds to customer needs.
- Must have or be able to obtain Secret Security clearance.
McLane Advanced Technologies - 22 months ago