A Penske Logistics Analyst is a liaison between Operations, Engineering and Technology to provide feedback and support on solutions and systems implementations. A Logistics Analyst will main solutions as it relates to the customer agreement but may recommend system changes to improve efficiency or reduce support.
- Works within a prescribed process using tools to analyze data, generate standard routing or load plans, and provide reports and metrics on a regular basis to ensure solution effectiveness. These tools are commercially available or developed by the Penske Engineering or IT departments and are utilized to execute a solution.
- Supports the design and implementation of a developed supply chain solution as it relates to specific Penske business agreements.
- Participate in process improvement teams and cost saving initiatives.
- Applies tactical processes daily within the established business rules.
- Meet customer deadlines and provide required metrics
- Interacts with the customer by phone, email or in person on an as needed basis.
- Be able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with the appropriate subject matter expert until it is fixed with the guidance of a more senior level associate
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 1 - 4 years comparable work experience, internships, or studies preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required: Business Administration, Logistics & Supply Chain Management required
- Fundamental understanding or desire to learn transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts are required
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Intermediate experience with Access and Excel required
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Consistently demonstrates proven ability to learn and use necessary tools
- Ability to follows process and standard procedures required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
15301 Mercantile Drive
15301 Mercantile Drive
Penske (Oracle) Job Name
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group,...