Responsible for scheduling and deploying fleet of internal and subcontractor construction crews to perform Window and Total Climate Control installation work at homes throughout eastern Massachusetts. The Logistics Coordinator works closely with the Logistics Manager and Production Manager to ensure each crew’s schedule is optimized in alignment with company priorities, to ensure that customers are clearly communicated with about work scheduled for their homes, and that all recordkeeping (physical or electronic) needed to successfully finish the job and invoice the customer is completed accurately and on-time.
Reporting to the Scheduling and Logistics Manager, and working in close alignment with one or more Production Managers, the Logistics Coordinator works within a fast-paced team environment and provides scheduling, recordkeeping and other logistical support to a fleet of Windows and Total Climate Control Installation Crews. More specifically, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for tasks including the following:
· Utilize Salesforce and appropriate record keeping tools to identify and schedule jobs.
· Track processes from pre-scheduling to post-job completion
· Ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all associated documentation and recordkeeping
· Work closely with Scheduling and Logistics Manager to adjust a crew’s schedule as needed.
· Work closely with subcontractors to optimize their utilization.
· Coordinate material delivery with distributors
· Reschedule incomplete work in a timely manner.
· Reach out to customers by phone and by e-mail to schedule jobs, answer questions, and serve as the first responder to manage any difficulties that may arise
HOURS AND LOCATION
- Follow up with customers after job is completed to ensure job was completed and open customer care cases when necessary.
- Work with internal and subcontractor installation crews to ensure all final customer payments are being collected
- The Step 3 Logistics Coordinator will work from NSL’s central office in South Boston, with a primary schedule of M-F from 10-7pm. However, some early mornings, evenings and weekends may be required depending on business needs.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, applicants with Associates degrees will also be considered.
· Previous experience with Salesforce or other database systems is highly preferred
· Experience with MS Office package, especially Excel and Word.
· Previous experience in a role requiring daily interaction with multiple residential customers, with a demonstrated aptitude for ensuring high customer satisfaction
· Previous experience scheduling jobs for and interacting with field crews
· Clear, effective oral and written communication skills
· Previous experience with Salesforce.com a plus
· High attention to detail is required.
· Understanding of terminology and ability to share and communicate effectively within the group.
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity
· Ability to function within and support a team environment and build strong working relationships.
· Dependable and punctual
· Ability to meet accuracy and productivity goals.
· Good problem solving skills, ability to evaluate situation and prioritize factors in decision making
· Self-motivated, utilize available resources for self improvement and development
· Flexible: able to follow directives and accomplish tasks outside of normal duties
"Next Step Living is a leading provider of energy solutions in the Northeast. With its cornerstone top-to-bottom home energy assessment...