This position is responsible for coordinating the international movement of customer product from the origin assembly plant to overseas customers acting as the primary liaison between the customer and CEVA resources to deliver measurable results.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the accuracy of custo
mers’ international packaging configurations including weights, dimensions, and cubes.
- Provide international shipment capacity forecasts to domestic and international carriers, third party service providers and freight forwarders.
- Work closely with production control to monitor delays in the release of international shipments.
- Provide logistics input to production scheduling for optimal scheduling of international shipments to carrier schedules.
- Monitor, track and communicate the progress of international product from the start of initial production to completion and shipment from the plant to ensure the efficient and timely movement of the product to the customer.
- Coordinate efficient processes in accordance with global strategy to achieve optimum performance standards; recommend process enhancements to improve service and efficiencies when possible.
- Ensure adequate supply of container equipment pools and coordinate the dispatch and replenishment of pooled equipment with domestic drayage companies or rail carriers.
- Work with the customer’s appointed freight forwarders, and domestic and international carriers to ensure the customer’s logistics requirements are met.
- Report on key logistics operational performance standards and determine whether logistics is performing at, or near optimum level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Minimum five to seven years related experience in freight forwarding, international shipping, export packaging or other integrated logistics operations.
Certification and Licenses
- Accurate typing and/or data entry skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in demanding environments with tight deadlines.
- Experienced in process execution and functional logistics operations.
- Ability to excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with other team members.
- Comfort with facilitating cross-functional meetings to interface regularly with customers business representatives
- Strong business analytical skills with experience in performing data and supply chain management analysis using quantitative statistical analysis and analytical techniques such as statistical probability distribution, correlation, data sampling and relating sets of numbers.
- Knowledgeable in industry-related issues in manufacturing, international and domestic rail and road transportation, supply chain, logistics and shipping operations.
- Ability to articulate logistics objectives and provide solutions to real-time logistics problems.
- Ability to develop and document processes and procedures.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks well under pressure.
- Excellent judgment and use of discretion, diligence, dependability and strong work ethic.
- Ability to support team members in furthering program goals through open and honest communication, promoting team interests over self interest.
- Self motivated with ability to manage initiatives on their own.
- Travel is not required for this position.
Ceva Logistics - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
CEVA Logistics U.S. is a regional unit of CEVA Logistics, part of giant CEVA Group. CEVA Logistics US provides freight forwarding and...