This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling great home décor. We are pioneering a new generation in commerce, building the next great lifestyle brand and rapidly scaling our revenues and employee base – with our sights set on becoming a billion dollar company. We are filled with passionate, innovative, agile and customer-focused employees across our company – and know that continuing to bring together top talent in a collaborative environment will ensure we achieve our vision. If you bring passion and high impact to your work each day, we invite you to apply to join the One Kings Lane family and see where we can take this company—and your career—together.
CEO Doug Mack has assembled one of the top teams in the industry made up of executives from companies like Amazon, eBay, Intuit, Netflix, Zappos, Walmart.com, Yahoo, Polo/Ralph Lauren and Adobe. One Kings Lane has the backing of the best investors in Silicon Valley, including: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), Greylock Partners, Tiger Global Management, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), First Round Capital and angel investors Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn)and Marissa Mayer (Yahoo).
One Kings Lane is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York City (Tribeca) and Beverly Hills.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter to become an integral part of the Operations team. You will report to the Sr. Vendor Account Manager and assist with a wide range of tasks involved in the execution of our daily sales events. This will include daily communication with internal and external customers, collaboration with other members of the Operations team, as well as working with the team to develop and improve processes. Collaboration with other members of Operations, Merchandising and external partners is a must.
- Support the Vendor Account Manager (VAM) responsible for branded events
- Partner with the VAM to ensure invoice accuracy post-event and continue to diligently follow up until event is ‘closed’
- Support the Customer Service team with any product related questions or issues upon delivery
- Assist with the shipping coordination from the vendor
- Daily responsibility of unshipped and pending orders (in partnership with the VAM)
- Understand the various ship methods as it relates to ecommerce
- Optimize shipping strategies to reduce time in transit and lower cost
- Extract tracking information and other key data points from carrier websites or other online tools
- Establish methodology for mining of data and distill for analysis
- Partner closely with Operations, Merchandising and Supply Chain
- Prior experience either in a retail or ecommerce business preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively and concisely to all levels of management
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to prioritize demands and multi-task to complete objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent PC skills, especially Excel
- High attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities at once and manage time appropriately
- Ability to work cohesively with multiple teams; acute attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with our external partners, including our drop-ship vendors and carriers
- Demonstrate integrity, maturity and a constructive approach to challenges
- Grace under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2+ years experience in Operations, Retail or ecommerce
- Functional understanding of ecommerce, transportation industry, fulfillment operations or Customer Service a plus