The Logistic Coordinator works in a face paced work environment and is responsible to coordinate and oversee the traffic details surrounding the movement of goods throughout North America. By completely and efficiently carrying out these daily activities, the applicant will contribute to the company’s success and have an immediate impact on cost savings.
- Complete accurate and timely scheduling and dispatching of trucks and rail cars to ensure that the flow of product in and out meets customer demands
- Track shipments from pickup through delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment
- Negotiate with transportation providers to obtain best rates and service
- Create and monitor transportation provider benchmark system to measure service levels
- Receive and process transportation requirement requests from customers
- Participate in Logistics projects by managing new initiatives as they arise
- Creation and maintain daily, weekly and monthly statistics
- Monitoring of benchmarks and identification of trends and problems
- Active involvement with problem-solving of issues presented
- Filing and administrative duties as required
- Minimum two (2) year College program (logistics or equivalent business related experience)
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset (i.e. shipping/receiving, scheduling, freight negotiations and regulatory requirements)
- Work well under pressure
- Flexible, able to deal with change
- Strict attention to detail
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Advanced computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Rail and specialized transportation knowledge an asset
Great benefits package, very competitive pay and a friendly work environment!
Sanimax - 4 months ago
Sanimax gets the maximum out of dead animals and oil traps. The company reclaims materials, such as animal by-products and used cooking oils...