Logistics Engineer - Job Summary
The Logistics Engineer role focuses on material conformance to specifications, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, development and operation of quality control systems, compile data to support the facility with cost control concepts and techniques, and to audit production systems for deficiency identification and correction.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing metrics and reporting on packaging material and time consumption due to off-spec goods or goods which are re-worked to achieve prime grade specification.
- Understanding Bill of Materials as it relates to materials required for assembly and quality. Verification of delivery part numbers, quantities, reconciles against purchase order, color quality, and dimensions and specifications of inbound dry good materials.
- Facilitate the problem resolution when packaging issues are identified, both with suppliers and internally.
- Identify and execute improvements in manufacturing space, utilizing new technologies, methods and equipment to ensure all goods leaving the facility are in compliance with standards. Confer with engineering, production or any other required parties on problems and recommend solutions.
- Recommend new methods / instrumentation / equipment for use in assessment of manufactured article.
- Prioritize day-to-day issues with mid and long term projects to support the improvement of overall supplier product quality and reduction of material lot-to-lot variation.
- Lead cross functional group to ensure that material and processing specifications are comprehensive and support business needs and expectations.
- Understand processes to collect, filter, and interrogate data for problem identification and resolution in support of business and functional goals.
- Communicate at appropriate levels to keep the relevant shareholders aware of focus areas, including status of open issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Summary of Education and Experience:
- Ability to multitask is required, with constant assessment of prioritization to best meet the business and operational needs.
- Must be proactive, anticipating and planning to meet objectives by finding ways to identify potential obstacles and improve specifications, processes, and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean methodology and process improvement tools such as root cause analysis, six sigma and statistical process control.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and good working knowledge of other Office products.
- Must work effectively in team environments, communicating and participating in a constructive manner to solve problems. Must be able to both lead and follow in structured processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices, supply chain planning and program management required, including varied experience in manufacturing, quality, planning, logistics process improvement and Lean techniques
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of three years in an engineering position in a manufacturing industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays.
Ceva Logistics - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
CEVA Logistics U.S. is a regional unit of CEVA Logistics, part of giant CEVA Group. CEVA Logistics US provides freight forwarding and...