Job Title: Logistics Engineer
Department: Customer Demand Management
Reporting To: Manager, Logistics Engineering
The Logistics Engineer is a primary actor in executing the vision of the Logistics organization. Therefore, it is key that the Logistics Engineer develop a total supply chain view point and support the organization thru initiating, executing, and supporting key initiatives. Primary functions include operations research, reporting, and implementing operational improvements. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: leading process improvement teams, management reporting, facility design, cost analysis, and project management. This position will also utilize Coty’s core systems SAP, Warehouse Management System(WMS), BI and associated subsystems to perform data analysis activites. Logistics Engineers will be called upon to develop, monitor, and improve key ‘Go to Market’ KPIs like Ontime and Fill Rate measures. In doing so the Logistics Engineer will work within all levels of the organization, from hourly to senior management to effect change. The Logistics Engineer will be focused on the core logistics processes of Order Management, Order Fulfillment, and Transportation. However, the Logistics Engineer will be called upon to work with Sales and Manufacturing to streamline the flow of goods and improve customer service. The Logistics Engineer will be have opportunites to interact with Coty’s end customer to solve shared logistics issues, reduce fines, and impact shared cost savings thru more optimal order configurations and flow.
· Project work to include
o Data analysis/ operations research
o Technical Writing
o Project management/coordination
o Implementation support
· Develop and maintain work practices and procedures for logistics operations to optimize productivity and customer service. Document procedures and train personnel involved in distribution operation.
· Develop and maintain process standards and measurement techniques for all logistics operations. Develop systems to summarize and report performance against these process standards.
· Working knowledge of business systems to include the Warehouse Management System ( WMS ), SAP , BI and associated subsystems, distribution equipment and processes. Develop and manage methodologies for the placement of inventories in response to changing product demand. Recommend enhancements to systems to improve performance and to respond to changing business requirements.
· Support the accuracy and maintenance of all logistics systems data.
· Interface with consultants, suppliers, and appropriate internal organizations in planning and implementing operational improvements.
· Perform trouble-shooting and problem solving in support of logistics operations.
· Establish clear guidelines to improve working conditions (noise, dust, traffic) on the lines (making + packing) and follow the Line team action Plans
· Implementation and follow up of 5S, BOSS and Safety inspections in order to constantly improve
· Accident investigation and Action Plan after each accident in his/her Unit
· Manage the unit Health & Safety Action Plans
· Ensure that the equipment used in the Unit is in line with Health & Safety guidelines or local legislation
· Participate in the target Universities forums
· Participate in the Selection process of all the Unit employees
· Implement and follow up the integration process of all new employees
· Ensure that all necessary hands-on training is planned and executed
· Manage periodical meetings in order to share the Operations Vision and results.
· Participate in the Employee representative meetings when is required
· Prefer 3 to 5 years of job experience in the use of Operations Management or Industrial Engineer techniques preferably in a high volume logistics company
· Strong knowledge and experience developing process metrics and implementing data tracking tools in support of process improvement and Daily Mangement Systems
· Experience with SAP , BI, and DLX preferred
· Supply Chain consulting experience a plus
· Positive and constructive
· Questioning and challenging
· Team oriented
Can Do” problem solving
· Process focused
· Able to Motivate Self toward Success
· Strong PC skills and experience with PC software applications which include
· Microsoft packages- Excel, Access, Word, Visio, Power Point and Project
· Strong VBA programming skills are a Plus
· SQL Query development
· Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving ability.
· Good technical writing skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of employment, outside vendors and contractors
· Ability to set and meet deadlines to achieve long term project goals
· BS Degree in Industrial Engineering or Business with Supply Chain Focus