Instructions to Candidates
Your resume should clearly address how your skills, qualifications, and experience align with the job posting. You must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and have a clean driving record for the past 5 years.
If you do not currently live in the Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Barrow Alaska area, understand that you would be expected to report to the Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Barrow departure location no later than 3 weeks after accepting an offer, successfully passing a drug test, and background check.
The Logisctics Field Manager (also called Operations Theater Manager) is a North Slope field based position responsible for overall supervision, management, and leadership of the material logistics staff located in a remote project site. The Theater Manager is responsible for instilling and modeling a proactive safety culture. The Theater Manger is responsible for mobilizing project staff and equipment, executing material logistics tasks such as planned and ad hoc transportation of materials, overseeing warehouse operations, ice road vehicle inspections, coastal barging operations, waste management and transportation, field procurement and support of baggage transportation. These efforts involve coordination with client representatives and the project owner. The successful candidate must be a clear communicator with great interpersonal skills and highly organized, effective at multi-tasking, and disciplined in implementing project procedures. They must have excellent problem solving skills.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills
- Must obtain a negative drug result on required drug screening
- Must have a valid Driver's License
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences
- Remote logistics experience
- 2 years North Slope experience
- 2 years Warehousing, Materials Management, or Construction Management experience
- Hazardous waste management
High School or GED
Position Type, Schedule and Location
This position is field based on the North Slope. The position works 12 hours per day, 2 weeks on 2 weeks off rotational schedule. Transportation from Anchorage, Barrow, or Fairbanks to the slope is provided by the project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervisors field staff
- Conducts daily and task specific safety meetings and job safety analysis
- Prepares Dailey Field Activity Reports
- Oversees the execution of logistics tasks
- Participates in the planning and forecasting of logistics activities
- Ensures company provided equipment is appropriately maintained
- Ensures laydown and warehouse area maps are maintained
- Ensuring project information is appropriately documented and entered into company databases by project staff
- Overseeing the transportation of materials from the project site
- Overseeing warehouse operations
- Overseeing ice road vehicle inspections
- Overseeing coastal barging operations
- Ensuring waste management procedures are implement by project staff and coordinating the transportation of waste
- Ensuring field procurement procedures are appropriately implemented
- Ensuring sufficient support for baggage transportation s provided
Salary is based on experience and qualifications.
The Theater Manger will be expected to work in various arctic conditions including but not limited to below freezing temperatures, wind, snow, rain, and prolonged darkness. The equipment operator will be traveling in mid-size charter fixed wing and possibly helicopters to the worksite. Work is performed primarily in an outside environment throughout the year, and housing is typically single occupancy in a camp environment.