Logistics Group Leader-1302428
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for supervision of day-to-day shipping, receiving and warehousing operations. Responsible for managing shipping, receiving and warehousing operations through maximum utilization of equipment, raw materials, and resources with a strong emphasis placed on environmental, health and safety, and quality programs. Develop a good understanding of plant process flows for setting priorities with the production schedule, and must work closely with the Production Execution Manager, Master Planner, and Customer Care to assure that product shipments are timely and prepared to specifications.
- Provide leadership and supervision to logistics group
- Schedule and coordinate bulk truck shipments between customer care and the production / logistics group.
- Coordinate truck pick-ups for both Jackson and Terry Warehouses.
- Schedule rail car movements via EDI.
- Schedule and coordinate product transfers from Jackson to Terry Warehouse.
- Schedule and coordinate package material transfers from Terry Warehouse to the Jackson plant.
- Document, inspect and approve all hazardous product shipments from Jackson.
- Maintain approvals to ship hazardous products (Aseptrol) from Jackson. Must obtain and maintain HAZMAT certification for ground and air transportation.
- Document, inspect and approve regulated waste shipments from Jackson site.
- Collect shipment documentation such as CofA’s, seal sheets for bulk shipments, and transfer the paperwork and deliver to Production Clerk for processing.
- Assist in resolving CofA issues with any shipments
- Provide resource back-up For SAP Master Scheduler and Materials Planner
- Ensure completion of scheduled production / packaging runs in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Coordinate product final packaging and labeling to meet shipment schedule.
- Manage inventory control of off-spec material and rework of this material
- Manage new hire training and job certification process.
- Work with maintenance gatekeeper to establish priorities for plant equipment and coordinate preventive maintenance and repair needs in a more efficient manner.
- Implement the daily logistics/packaging plan by optimizing all available people and equipment assets. Coordinate between shifts for smooth hand-off of operations.
- Uphold BASF EH&S policies by ensuring that logistics/packaging operations are conducted in a safe, effective manner.
- Ensure personnel are functioning in the logistics group in accordance with standard operating procedures by written communication of operating instructions, by monitoring the process and by evaluating data/results.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, other technical degree or logistics related degree.
- Ability to work independently under broad goals and objectives with minimal guidance.
- 4 years experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment with at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Experience in logistics/packaging/warehousing operations preferred
- Experience planning for plant operations and logistics preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills. Experience in union environment a plus.
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Jackson
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts & Technologies
BASF - 15 months ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...