Position is with a not-for-profit management consulting organization located in McLean, VA with duty in the Alexandria, VA area.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate will be responsible for providing program management support to the Product Manager (PM) Global Combat Support System-Army. Candidate will assist the PM and staff by providing logistics management expertise to assist with the implementation of Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army) to the total Army.
- Develop and execute plans in support of the Material Fielding Teams directly involved in the system implementation
- Coordinate with Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Army (DA), Program Executive Management Office (PEO) and Project Management Office (PMO) level personnel
- Collect, analyze, and submit data to the system solution
- Support the Fielding and Training Branch lead with management of the system implementation
- Coordinate with prime contractor personnel to solve implementation issues
- Align performance with organizational missions, logistics goals and objectives, and customer requirements
- Conduct all mission activities within performance, schedule, and cost parameters
- Five years or more experience in U.S. Army logistics
- Five years or more experience with Standard Army Management Information Systems (STAMIS)
- Advanced knowledge of the Army Force Structure and logistics processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Must be self-directed and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. DoD education in Army logistics related disciplines would be a plus
- Have or eligibility for a SECRET security clearance. Please note that only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Willing to travel about 25% of the time
Logistics Management Institute (LMI) helps find simple solutions out of complex problems. The company is a not-for-profit organization that...