Responsible for providing program support to Product Manager (PM) Global Support Combat Support System-Army. Handles the day to day operational functions of fielding at Army Installations worldwide. Directly responsible for the automated logistics training, software and hardware issue to the customer.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Serves as a Technical Instructor covering data conversion preparation and system administration.
- Provides over watch for team members running the Data Conversion site and hardware issue to the customer.
- Provides comprehensive troubleshooting to resolve database conflicts during Data Conversion.
- Participates in all Data Conversion activities to include collecting historical data files for archiving and initial system configuration.
- May supervise other subcontractors and independent consultants supporting the fielding initiative.
- Supervises Over-the-Shoulder (OTS) Support coordinating solutions with other contractors, government employees and customers for training, networking, hardware or software issues.
- Relies on past experience and judgment to make the right decision in a timely manner.
- Detail-oriented; productive without compromising quality.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Excellent research, organizational and time management skills—able to prioritize tasks, manage a large number of multi-stage projects and complete them in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of professionals while at the same time working independently, with minimal supervision.
Basic Requirements and Competencies:
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, figures, computer terminals, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware & equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities: stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Work is classified as sedentary with the requirements of exerting up to %0 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Travel is 70% or greater and may require living in a foreign country to include a combat environment.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred but not a disqualifier
- 5 (five) years or more experience with US Army Logistics systems
- 5 (five) years or more experience with Standard Army Management Information Systems (STAMIS) - SARSS preferred
- 2 (two) years and supervisory experience in the field or related area preferred
- Technical knowledge and functional experience in SAMS-IE/PBUSE as well as the Army Supply System and Army Supply Policies and Procedures
- Experience facilitating communications between a technical staff and a community of users.
- Communication: Promotes active listening with team members; Contributes appropriately to conversations; Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging
- Problem Solving: Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects; Improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others
- Customer Orientation: Listens to customers, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and effectively responds to customer needs
- Must have or be able to obtain Secret Security clearance.
- Previous/significant background experience with logistics automation and functional LIS operations; SARSS/PBUSE experience a plus
- US Army CSSAMO experience or relevant commercial experience troubleshooting networks and/or Databases (DBA, SQL and Oracle experience a plus).
- Microsoft certification a plus
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills