DSC Logistics, an integrated logistics and supply chain management company, headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, focuses on supply chain capabilities that are based on changing customer needs. DSC services include logistics center management, transportation management and synchronization, business process integration, and information technology services. In today's business environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC manages change and information in the supply chain by being ready for anything!
This professional detail-oriented, self-starter will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the daily warehouse functions of receiving, shipping, replenishment and loading for one or more customers
- Use data and logical thinking to develop a daily and weekly labor plan to meet customer volume expectations
- Supervise up to 40 hourly warehouse associates that will be performing the warehouse functions
- Supervise several shipping and receiving clerks in the daily distribution of work assignments and material flow
- Use chosen labor management system to maximize operational efficiencies
- Ensure the safety and security of all employees and visitors
- Measure and report the performance and quality of the warehouse associates
- Motivate, develop and manage warehouse associates
- Manage special customer requests
- Create a participative environment characterized by teamwork and partnership
- Facilitate regular team meetings
- Assures efficient and effective overall warehouse operations by maintaining communication with internal departments
· Should have 2 or more years of supervisory experience managing an hourly workforce in a manufacturing or warehouse setting
· Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to develop a participative team
· Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and A/S400 applications
· Proficiency with Labor Management systems
Experience in inventory control management and strong analytical skills
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and satisfactory completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test, background check, employment reference check as well as other information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.