Alcoa has an exciting opportunity for Logistics Manager to work at the Alcoa Technical Center located in Alcoa Center (New Kensington) PA, a suburb of Pittsburgh. The Alcoa Technical Center (ATC) is Alcoa’s largest research, development, and applied engineering laboratory. Alcoa Technical Center occupies a 127-acre campus with an additional 2,019 acres of rolling countryside. This facility is the world’s largest light metals research and development center with a full range of lab capabilities, from bench-scale to full production-scale equipment. The facility has a diverse, multi-lingual workforce holding more than 100 doctorate and 200 master’s Degrees.
The Logistics Manager will report to the Support Services Director & Controller and will be accountable to develop, apply and provide best-in-class technical and tactical consulting for logistics support of Alcoa Technology and Corporate Quality business / project strategies.
- Consult and partner with both internal and external partners and / or customers regarding sales support, commodity importing and exporting through trade compliance, professional packaging per the Department of Transportation transport regulations, off and on-site warehouse management, receipt and distribution of all inbound materials and the management of surplus equipment disposal associated to company assets.
- Supervise, coach and mentor a team of processors and logistics service specialists to fully support the rapidly changing requirements of this Resource Unit.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to ensure services meet and or exceed the customer while supporting Alcoa standards and conventions.
- Ensure the consistent implementation and execution of polices and systems related to the logistics needs deemed necessary and to guarantee both internal and external customer expectations are met at the lowest cost and with safety at the forefront of every task or activity.
- Some Alcoa Technical Center (ATC) products and technical information are subject to U.S. export control laws. Applicants for this position will be required to submit information regarding work authorization status to enable ATC to comply with those laws.
- This position is being posted at a range of job grades 16/17. Grade will be dependent on education and experience level of incumbent
ALCOA - 22 months ago
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...