The Logistics Manager will support the APR Projects team in managing and arranging for the logistics necessary to start-up new operations, and support the APR Field Operations team in special local logistics needs. They will also provide support to the APR Business Development team in the study of and budgeting for logistics to support potential new business. Manage a team of logistics coordinators and driving performance around transit times, delivery, document accuracy, budget management, and project scheduling for logistics times. Ensure transparency of shipments in coordination and in sync with procurement lead times, inventory stock levels, logistics and project deadlines, and operation’s requirements. Ensure global compliance is adhered to for internal APR parties and external service providers including the following related items: Import and Export Regulations, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act.
The Logistics Manager is engaged in these main activities:
Projects Support - Activities include:
- Search and selection of Freight Forwarding and Customs Clearance partners in new projects countries.
- Relationship-building with Freight Forwarding and Customs Clearance partners.
- Understand and document unique customs clearance requirements & necessary documentation for importations to support installation projects.
- In-country logistics support for Installations. Includes following inbound shipments from port of entry to job site and working with Freight Forwarders/Customs Agents to address critical issues
- Capture import requirements in a standard document. Train Jacksonville-based Logistics Coordinator how to support shipping to new operation when it achieves COD status. Creation of SOP’s.
- Provide budgets for projects and track performance of vendors against cost and delivery times. Ensure all costs are accurately reported to accounting.
- Ensure Logistics Coordinator is tracking all shipments necessary to support projects, and providing frequent updates to Projects Team.
Field Operations Support - Activities include:
- Provide emergency support for delivery of materials to operations
- Search and selection of new or replacement Freight Forwarding and Customs Clearance partners
- Understand and document any newly adjusted local customs clearance, transportation or paperwork policies.
Business Development Support- Activities include:
- In-country logistics pricing estimates to support cost models
- General Advice on Importation Regulations - Temp & Definitive Imports (timelines/taxes/bonding)
- Assistance with developing project schedules & pricing - estimated shipping timelines to site
- Investigate in-country transportation regulations
- Ensure maintenance of a detailed list of all shipments/items imported into operating countries on a temporary basis.
APR Logistics Manager. Activities include:
- Daily management of Logistics Coordinators. Includes performance management, goal setting, performance review and follow-up to ensure all Logistics Coordinator tasks are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Management of Freight Forwarders. Includes relationship-building with Freight Forwarding partners and decision-making about which freight forwarding partners to use for each shipping lane, project and individual shipment. Also includes the monitoring of Freight Forwarder performance to APR expectations and act as a back-up to the Logistics Coordinators to ensure timely service and proper flow of goods/information.
- Lead process-mapping and documentation efforts for Logistics. Includes development of process flows, MIFAs (Material and Information Flow Analysis) and SOPs.
- Lead continuous improvement culture in Logistics. Help brainstorm improvement ideas, assume responsibility for implementation of required actions to achieve improvements.
- Assist in development of Logistics KPIs to monitor performance in the APR Logistics team. Put tools/processes in place to ensure proper data tracking, KPI fulfilment and reporting.
- Act as central point of claims responsibility for the APR supply chain, including any shipments damaged or lost in transit. Responsibilities would include claim issuance, document/communication collection, communication with relevant parties involved and follow-up until claim closure.
- Any other critical projects and responsibilities as assigned by the APR SCM Manager.
Adverse Working Conditions
- Occasional work within warehouse conditions
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or Transportation preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in other Business fields accepted.
- Certification in Logistics and Transportation
- Licensed Customs Broker
- 3+ years experience in international logistics. Experience in freight forwarding, customs clearance and procurement preferred. Experience in foreign customs clearance and procurement a plus.
- Supply Chain Certification
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills
- Process flow/value-stream-mapping experience
- Training and application of Lean principles
- Multi-lingual skills
- Good presentation skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Team spirit
- Results driven
- Systematically organized
- Continuous improvement mind-set
APR Energy - 6 months ago
APR Energy offers temporary power solutions on a fast-track basis to government and industrial customers around the globe. Contracts with...