- Manage national shipping of laboratory samples from veterinary clinics to AVRL.
- Keeps up day to day logistical as well as financial management of various carriers including national commercial airlines, FedEx, regional and local couriers.
- Further manages the relationship with all carriers including compliance with AVRL rules, pricing and invoicing.
- Structures carrier arrangements to be the most cost effective for AVRL and works with Sales to implement methods to reduce shipping cost.
- Manages cost control to keep transportation cost within budgetary guidelines.
- Constantly reviewing new courier opportunities and ways to improve cost and efficiency.
- Works with Customer Service to ensure client satisfaction through logistical optimization.
- Manages the inventory of collection supplies and the shipping of supplies to AVRL customers.
- Seeks to reduce the cost of collection supplies through vendor relationships. Manages the warehouse staff.
- Generates management reports to monitor shipping and supply costs.
- 4 year degree
- Prior experience working in a similar environment managing couriers and transportation networks
- Ability to work In a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be able to pay continuous attention to detailed operations