Position: Logistics Manager
Location: Los Angeles Branch/Hub
Reporting to: Branch Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the daily
management and continuous development of all warehousing
and distribution operations that belong to the branch
location. These operations are in multiple locations in
the greater Los Angeles Area and include both the cross
dock operations supporting international and domestic
freight as well as inventory management and order
This individual will report directly to the Branch
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
movement of freight as required (including CFS,
- Responsible for 3PL & 4PL handling and physical
bonded, security and other special areas).
account management to warehousing and distribution
- Responsible for customer service and operational
of Warehousing-, Transport- and Global
- Responsible for effective deployment and utilization
Freight-Management Systems (WMS, TMS & Control).
internal and external clients.
- Responsible for operational reporting to both
and profitability in general and on a per client
- Actively manages and monitors quality, productivity
basis with the aim to continuously improve.
organization to win & implement new business.
- Actively collaborates with sales colleagues and
ensure product integrity and compliance.
- Actively collaborates with product management to
- Defines, communicates and maintains SOPs
- Initiates and manages claims procedure per company
Warehouse Associates ensuring operational excellence
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of
or discharge employees
- Exercises the authority to hire, discipline, reward
- Responsible for yearly performance appraisals for
- Responsible for the security of the warehouse
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment
- Responsible for training and developing employees
- Responsible for asset utilization
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- 10+ years of warehouse experience required
- 5+ years of relevant management experience highly
driven processes highly preferred.
- Experience with a comprehensive modern WMS and WMS
implementation highly preferred.
- Experience with new process and project
- Domestic and international freight experience highly
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience highly
customs regulations, OSHA, Forklift certification
- Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, TSA security,
and training, shipping and receiving, distribution,
documentation, and compliance highly preferred.
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must
currently possess legal authorization to work in the
- Results and bottom line focus
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to manage employees
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
English is the principal language for this position.
This position requires good written and verbal
communication skills and the ability to communicate
effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel,
PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand. The employee is often
required to walk and use hand and eye coordination.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, depth perception, and the ability to
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday –
Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will
often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a
complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that
may be given to any employee. The duties and
responsibilities outlined in this position may be added
to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by
the person who is managerially responsible for this
Req. Code : 3307
Division/Department : GIL Amer US
% of Travel Required : 20-30%
Agility Logistics - 14 months ago
From our roots in emerging markets, Agility brings efficiency to supply chains in some of the world's most challenging environments,...