Mt. Pleasant, PA
J ob Summary:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this key role is responsible for the management of transportation, trade compliance and cross border transaction solutions for Aquion Energy. The ideal candidate must have a strong analytical background and a passion to be a part of this dynamic global supply chain/logistics and trade compliance team. This individual must have the innate ability to support and embrace cross-functional change, innovate, and deliver results while multi-tasking in a fast paced organization.
This position is a vital part of a team that coordinates and executes the day-to-day logistics activities for the global network. As a Logistics Manager, you will be working with both domestic and international vendors/suppliers, internal process partners, and carriers providing world class service while delivering value to the global supply chain and our product distribution channels.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages Receiving and Shipping departments.
- Ensure lowest cost transportation by analyzing internal customer needs, researching transportation methods /alternatives, negotiating competitive rates and auditing transportation provider costs.
- Coordinate and support compliance program requirements that include: duty drawback, free trade agreement administration, harmonized tariff classification, and various other proactive trade management programs.
- Responsible for performing audits on inbound and outbound shipments for compliance with trade regulations.
- Classify material and products to the global Harmonized Tariff System.
- Classify material and products to the US Schedule B System and provide export reports to the US Department of Census, US Treasury and US Department of Labor Statistics, US Customs & Border Protection as required.
- Provide analytics for freight/carrier operations, service and quality.
- Audit and approve freight bills for payment.
- Assist the supply chain in developing landed cost models.
- Recommend logistics/supply chain improvements through analytics as assigned. Provide regulatory and classification support for all internal divisional operations, along with analytical support for transportation and duty related initiatives.
- Prepare and/or validate shipping and import/export documentation for transport of products and raw materials. Coordinate customs transactions and be responsible for preparing importing and exporting control certifications, licenses and CTPAT compliance documents.
- Work with US and foreign port directors, customs authorities, brokers, forwarders and integrators to ensure the seamless transition of the importation or export of Aquion goods and products.
- Work with supply chain, sales, engineering and manufacturing to ensure on time delivery of documents, materials and products.
Key Competencies required:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience managing forwarders, brokers and integrators for value creation.
- Hand on experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is essential.
- Warehousing and distribution experienced in a fast paced environment is mandatory.
- Must have hands on experience with CFR 49 US Transportation regulations and the transportation of hazardous goods. Must be familiar with IATA and Ocean transport regulations.
- Must have hands on experience with CFR 15 US Export Administration Regulations, the Wassenaar Arrangement and Letters of Credit.
- Must have hands on experience with CFR 19 US Importation of Goods and Services Regulations.
- High level of diplomacy and a demonstrated comfort interacting with people at all levels within the company and external supplier organizations.
- Self-driven, results-oriented, and motivated to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain or Logistics, with 10 years direct freight/logistics, import/export management experience.
- Superior analytical skills are required to develop and work with process metrics measurements.
- High level proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word is required.
Language Skills: Must be fluent in English and be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with others/function as part of a team and maintains good working relationships with other departments; customer oriented.
- Ability to function well under pressure. Organized and able to attain results on several projects simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to assume increased responsibility.
- Flexible to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Action/results oriented; self-starter.
- Dedicated and willing to expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines.
Certificates/Licenses: IATA/Ocean dangerous articles certification desired
Founded in 2009 by Chief Technology Officer, Dr. Jay Whitacre, the company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA with its first full scale manufacturing facility located in Mt. Pleasant, PA and recently opened an additional office in Framingham, MA.
Aquion Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aquion Energy - 2 years ago