Primary responsibilities include managing the safety, quality, customer service, cost efficiency, and the continuous improvement of the distribution center; working collaboratively with the Continuous Improvement team and responsible for the creation of a Distribution Center-wide culture of continuous improvement that drives out waste throughout all distribution processes using CI Tools as well as Lean techniques around process re-engineering. Additionally, responsible for understanding internal and external customer service expectations through establishing and maintaining effective relationships and developing cost efficient strategies to meet those service expectations.
- Implement and enforce all environmental, health, and safety programs to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
- Drive change in culture towards Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Lead and implement Lean Manufacturing projects to address quality, material flow, through-put and productivity improvements and ensure results are sustainable.
- Develop performance standards and processes for optimizing operations, customer satisfaction, and controlling costs.
- Obtain and maintain performance metrics requirements for personnel.
- Develop contingency plans to provide services in emergency situations.
- Identify new technology through past experiences working with logistics, transportation and warehousing software around optimization , “asset track and trace” as well as WMS.
- Proactively source, validate and implement new technology as above, with overall purpose of increasing efficiency and enhancing customer service.
- Participate and support the development, training, and post auditing of all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate often and effectively with facility employees on all issues to create an engaged work force.
- Manage financial goals, capital investment programs, budgets, and operating plans.
- Measure and report financial performance metrics against budget.
- Recommend allocations and/or adjustments to logistics budget in response to changing conditions.
- Build pipeline of new ideas (kaizen activities) related to cost efficiencies, service enhancements and inventory reduction.
- Partner effectively with Human Resources on all employee relations and work culture improvements.
- Create a working environment in which all employees are motivated and strive for operational excellence.
- Ensure compliance on all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
MS or BS Degree in Industrial Engineering, logistics or related discipline in Operations
Experience with Continuous Improvement (TQM, Kaizen, 5S) are essential
Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Systems, and Warehouse Slotting software
Superior people management skills with experience leading teams to superior performance culture
The ability to make decisions with minimal direction and the ability to multi-task.
Computer skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Business Objects
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
Keywords: Management, leadership, supervisor, leader, supply chain, logistics, manager, warehouse, leadership, Mesquite, Dallas County, Lean, Kaizen, 5S, 30-45 minutes from Dallas, transportation industry
10+ years of experience in Operations with evidence of progressively increasing responsibility, with at least 3 years in a leadership role of a Distribution Facility or Warehouse within the Consumer Products industry.
Hands on experience (3+ years) and training in Lean Design of Work and Material flow using lean principals.
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...