BlueLinx Corporation remains the leading domestic wholesaler of building products, serving independent dealers, industrial customers and large home improvement centers from over 60 locations in the United States and one location in Canada . BlueLinx creates value for our customers and vendors across the supply chain by providing an outlet for a significant portion of the building products and an ever-growing selection of distribution services that utilize our vast transportation assets and facilities, and a wide selection of third-party products. For additional information, please visit us on the web @ www.BlueLinxCo.com .
Position Purpose Summary :
Manages a distribution center by providing excellent customer service support and using supply chain fundamentals including the receipt, coordination, and safety of goods coming through a warehouse. Ensures all BlueLinx employees understand and are compliant with the BlueLinx safety program. Also ensures that orders arrive and are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities. Supports the sales effort and maximizes customer service. Evaluates routes for opportunities to lower the transportation cost. Works with the Atlanta transportation department to maximize backhaul and service revenue. Maximizes productivity of the hourly workforce. May be involved in Union negotiations, and managing a union workforce. Ensures an acceptable return on capital employed by effective promotion of wholesale sales and distribution of company-produced and approved outside vendor-produced building materials.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Manages a distribution center by providing excellent customer service support and using supply chain fundamentals (right product, right place, right time, every time) while controlling logistics, workforce management, indirect and operating costs.
- Ensures safety training compliance and oversees safety requirements for branch personnel.
- Ensures compliance in all federal, state, and locals laws pertaining to employment, safety, and DOT regulations.
- Partners with the sales group to increase market penetration and productivity.
- Oversees material handling and delivery operations.
- Partners with procurement to manage inventory levels; provide appropriate intelligence on obsolete inventory and guidance on all aspects of inventory management.
- Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely.
Supervisory experience in a distribution operation. Ability to teach and enforce process discipline. Process improvement and operating efficiency competency. Branch operations and systems knowledge. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant tools / technology.
Years of experience: 7+ years experience preferred.