Eberspaecher Exhaust Technology of The Americas is a full-service Tier I automotive supplier, assuming complete responsibility for the conception, development and production of automotive exhaust systems. We began our North American operations in the year 2000. Currently we have six manufacturing sites, a state of the art Technical Center and over 9 00+ employees. As we forge ahead, building on our presence in North America, we are seeking a Logistics Manager for our Novi facility.
Primary Tasks · Develop and define the global logistics strategies for all of EETAM and maintain those strategies for all plant and office locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, MLM, Business or Transportation/Logistics Management.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP would be a significant plus.
- 5+ years in management of multi plant logistics, demonstrating progressive increases in responsibilities and documenting changes/improvements driven to fruition.
- Strong negotiation skills: This position requires the ability to negotiate contracts and tariffs with rail, air, truck (truckload and LTL), intermodal, ocean, container and freight brokerage companies.
- It also requires constant monitoring of the performance of current carrier partnerships and a continuous search for potential partners. He/she must possess negotiation skills for each of the above modes of transportation, as well as import and export.
- Experience with regulatory compliance - customs regulations relating to import and export of business. Knowledge of ocean and air movements on a global basis is required.
- Knowledge of commercial Incoterms and their impacts on business. Must be aware of external influences such as legislation, fuel costs and environmental pressures.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills in terms of interfacing effectively and positively with carriers, customers and all EETAM contacts.
- Ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion.
- Responsible for the implementation of logistics policies for EETAM and budgetary responsibilities are met or exceeded. Ultimate accountability for all freight movement within EETAM.
- Carrier selection utilizing procedures to evaluate - service, equipment availability, equipment suitability, rates, financial stability, operating authority, safety and insurance coverage. Must ensure carriers meet all legal requirements per corporate policies in order to protect EETAM from unnecessary litigation and risk exposure.
- Logistics analysis – this role will be accountable for the ongoing review of transportation costs and delivery requirements and the reporting of such data to management and customers.
- Create and monitor monthly metrics on logistics spend compared to budgeted or planned expenditures and expected savings.
- Superior attention to detail and execution focus
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows all EETAM polices related to TS16949 and ISO14001. Always looks for way to improve and promote quality
- Ethics - Works ethically and with integrity
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Track and monitor day to day inbound and outbound shipments as needed.
- Plan, develop and implement global logistics agreements and drive all transitions through to completion.
- Monitor, measure and manage the performance of all major logistics suppliers, including developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers and resolving performance issues.
- Market research and study to solicit innovative methods to manage the logistics and customs efforts of the organization through continuous improvement activities.
- Work closely to ensure import/export compliance with the applicable laws, regulations, policies, etc. as defined within the legal system as well as with internal company policies.
- Thoroughly understand all government regulations as they relate to logistics and optimize logistics costs while maintaining compliance, including but not limited to understanding of international duty, tax, brokerage fee’s as they relate to all regions of the globe and optimization of free trade zone arrangements as well as EETAM’s presence worldwide.
- Ability to understand and investigate 3PL/4PL logistics providers to determine the optimal path for EETAM and working with the organizational growth.
- Ensure risk mitigation strategies for both global and domestic supply chain.
- Report carrier performance and work to drive continuous improvement with all forms of carriers used by EETAM.
- Works with carriers to enhance reporting capabilities, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), and other dispatch related systems.
- Setting up all logistics and freight movement systems within EETAM to simply the need for plant and personnel involvement when expediting or moving material globally. Creates and maintains a current supplier/carrier/mode matrix.
- Manage the RFQ/RFP process by defining level of service requirements and reviewing bids in conjunction with bid process team.
- Accurate and timely transportation scheduling, tracking of modal compliance to plan, measurement scorecard of carrier.
- Maintains carrier records, performs carrier due diligence (insurance, safety records) and supports carrier analysis.
- Development of budget and forecasts and supporting EETAM and financial analysis of
- Understand and monitor carrier fuel surcharges and work toward reduction of charges not budgeted or quoted.
- Supervisor of Packaging Engineering position at EETAM.
- Assisting plant personnel in setting up and executing premium transportation modes and expedited freight from a supplier to EETAM plants on a global basis.
- Approve, track and monitor premium transportation moves for each plant and Pareto the root causes of the premium moves and help to develop action plans to eliminate premium transportation costs for EETAM and each plant.
Monster - 14 months ago