The Logistics Manager is responsible for managing
all processes involved with Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving operations. He
or she will be the primary liaison with a variety of parties including
suppliers of materials and office supplies, equipment manufacturers and
distributors, parcel carriers and vendors providing services to HSI. He or she
will possess a full understanding of all purchasing and materials management
functions as well as shipping and receiving methods, including costing,
shipping methods, international shipping regulations, and equipment knowledge.
This person must also demonstrate the ability to manage employees in the
preparation and delivery of packages to HSI members and Affiliates, as well as
manage all mailroom operations. Additional responsibilities will include the
management of all facility maintenance at HSI corporate offices and offsite
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervises, trains and develops logistics staff.
- Identifies and monitors the cost, quality and efficiency of HSI suppliers.
- Maintains the efficiency of HSI Mail Room operations, analyzes logistical
issues and implements solutions.
- Monitors shipping costs and carrier performance.
- Recommends improvements to enhance the value of HSI services to Members and
- Manages the inventory of all materials and office supplies.
- Develops and implements best-in-class logistics processes to ensure efficient
operations and consistently high quality of service.
- Manages facility maintenance and ensures all standards are upheld.
- 5 years experience managing a mail room, supply department, shipping and
receiving department, and/or warehouse for an international company.
- Strong background in Purchasing, Materials Management or Distribution fields.
- Knowledge of international customs rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a team to higher levels of performance.
- Documented negotiation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, common sense and be a team player.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle (must be at least 21 years of age, and
cannot have any DWIs, DUIs, or Suspended Licenses, etc.).
Holiday Systems International - 17 months ago