Assist the division in exceeding their financial and strategic goals
by playing an active role as a key member of the division lead team.
Provide supervision, direction and leadership for the division to raise
the standard of performance in meeting the goals of our internal and
external customers. Plan, direct and monitor operation of the warehouse
and delivery system within the division (including shipping, receiving,
inventory control, and logistics) to ensure a competitive service
advantage by maintaining a high degree of accuracy and customer service
at a minimal cost.
• Plans and coordinates work activities of warehouse functions
(directly and through supervisors), including receiving, picking,
shipping, delivery, security, and inventory control.
• Develops and implements specific objectives and performance
measures for each functional area and individual to improve
• Interprets, understands and acts on individual and collective
performance and quality data.
• Leads selection and hiring of new warehouse and delivery employees
and supervisors; evaluates employee performance; develops and
action plans for improving employees’ performance.
• Ensures that all warehouse and delivery employees receive proper
training and skills development.
• Maintains and manages a fair and equitable employee scorecard
system for all warehouse and logistics personnel.
• Ensures regular and productive meetings to improve warehouse
• Makes recommendations for and implements improvements in efficiency
and effectiveness of warehouse operations.
• Oversees the preparation and loading of trucks for shipments and
delivery of orders in conformance with company procedures and customer
• Oversees scheduling and dispatching of leased and company-owned
• Maintains and controls the physical condition of the warehouse and
delivery equipment, supplies, security, facilities, grounds, etc.
• Manages and controls warehouse and delivery expenses and capital.
• Ensures compliance with company and government policies and
regulations (e.g., Safety, OSHA, HazMat, DOT).
• Oversees physical inventory in the warehouse.
• Participates in group and regional distribution projects.
• Implement company policies and procedures according to company
guidelines for assigned areas of responsibility.
• Is knowledgeable of safe work practices, policies and procedures
and performs all duties in a safe manner. Supports division safety
committee with the objective of an accident free work place. Ensures
regular safety meetings are conducted; completes and reviews safety
incident reports as necessary; recommends changes to assist in
maintaining a safe working environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Action Oriented
• Conflict Management
• Command Skills
• Managerial Courage
• Developing Direct Reports
• Directing Others
• Problem Solving
• Sizing up People
• Timely Decision Making
PC Software-Microsoft Office
Red Prairie - WMS
International Paper - 7 months ago
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....