Logistics Manager - 090736
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Responsible for the negotiation, planning, development and implementation of BE logistics (transportation and distribution) providers, systems and processes, with emphasis on transportation/distribution of equipment and products. Provides frequent, close direction to internal facility logistics personnel and to third party service providers of transportation management, freight forwarding, distribution and import/export activity. Drives ongoing cost reduction/containment activity to ensure competitive cost position. Researches and evaluates alternative processes and systems to assess their benefit and applicability to current logistics practices and business needs within the company. Understand requirements for both domestics shipping and international shipping.
1. Negotiate and manage agreements and ongoing relationship with logistics providers as required
2. Manage the transportation/distribution logistics’ processes for equipment and products for BE
3. Optimize logistics footprint and processes to meet organizational customer service, inventory, and cost goals
4. Negotiate, drive, and manage 3 rd party warehousing agreements
5. Understand latest technology improvements and options as it relates to transportation and distribution.
6. Manage product distribution processes as process design owner, which include internal and external logistic providers
7. Create policy and procedures for logistics activities for use by manufacturing plants, distribution facilities, suppliers and branches. Maintain/update BOS documents containing instructions, guidelines and supporting information for these users
8. Work with support departments to integrate logistics with various company business systems and processes such as customer sales, order management, accounting, and shipping
9. Work closely with procurement on process and logistic changes to ensure 3 rd party contract/rates support business needs
10. Resolves problems concerning transportation, systems, import/export, and customer issues that arise on a regular basis between internal and external parties
11. Knowledge of domestic and international trade compliance and dangerous goods regulations
12. Support and optimize freight payment processes to ensure providers send the correct information so that they are paid the correct amount on time
13. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Manufacturing Administration, or related field. Minimum of five years of logistics management experience in a manufacturing environment. Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills in persuasion, negotiation, conflict resolution and teamwork. Strong knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) rules and regulations. Demonstrated knowledge of all rules and regulations governing import and export. Capable of working independently in a staff position across departmental lines of authority. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Access), and capability to learn and use company-specific business information systems relevant to the position
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...