PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Parts operates a network of parts distribution centers offering aftermarket support to Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF dealers and customers around the world. Aftermarket support includes customer call centers operating 24 hours a day throughout the year and technologically advanced systems to enhance inventory control and expedite order processing.
Manages the logistics, transportation and customs compliance functions for PACCAR Parts North America and provides significant input and guidance for domestic and international PDC operations and materials areas. Performs as a key member of divisional operations strategy and development team.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
Qualifications & Skills
- Manages logistics, transportation and customs compliance functions for PPD-NA, including support for international inbound and outbound transportation
- Achieves optimal freight costs for inbound, outbound and third party freight shipment
- Directs processes for freight movement to dealers, to/from distribution centers and direct supplier to dealer shipments for the division
- Establishes and manages freight carrier performance for the division, including scheduled meetings with primary carriers
- Performs logistics analysis for operations, sales, marketing, warranty, EZ Trac, six sigma and overall logistics-related functions
- Supports PDC operations and dealers with claim resolution and logistics issues
- Negotiates rate agreements with non-corporate freight carriers and other logistics providers and coordinates with Corporate Logistics on related agreements and processes
- Ensures freight payment process is performed and carriers are paid within payment terms. This applies to third party payment providers and in-house payments
- Coaches and develops staff to achieve growth and results within the department and division
- Establishes and adheres to departmental budget
- Participates in/leads projects as assigned
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or Supply Chain-related fields; MBA preferable
5+ years experience in Transportation/Logistics Management, including both domestic and international focus
- Management/supervisory experience and ability to manage multiple and diverse areas within the logistics and parts aftermarket fields
- Strong negotiation skills and thorough knowledge of transportation pricing and industry-related issues, processes
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to travel, both domestic and internationally
- Strong analytical and PC skills, including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Multi-lingual skills desirable
PACCAR Inc. - 15 months ago
Global and diverse opportunities! Smart and creative colleagues! Exciting assignments and growth prospects! What drives your career? Find...