Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork)
- Assess through in-depth analysis all ground and air freight lines.
- Determine proper protocol to maximize profitability.
- Establish proper service levels for customers.
- Coordinating and controlling the order cycle and associated information systems.
- Analyzing data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, and customer service logs.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyzing the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Direct comprehensive logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Evaluate and review the company’s logistics operations business practices, update and develop process documentation, streamline opportunities, and eliminate non-value added activities;
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Economics, Computer Sciences or Logistics concentration, MBA preferred.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge.
- A key strategic leader in transitioning a decentralized, air and ground freight, to a centrally managed system in an entrepreneurial organization.
- Extensive logistics background in ground and air freight and have an understanding of ocean freight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and willingness to travel and work in a national team of professionals.
- Creative, first-mover outlook with aptitude to breach norms and create industry leading initiatives.
- Strong ability to read, analyze and make recommendations based on financial data.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Integrity and Trust-ability to present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; Intellectual- deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; Process Management- ability to organize people and activities simplify complex processes; Decision Quality-makes decisions based on a blend of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; Conflict Management- ability to find common ground and gain cooperation with minimal noise; Results Driven- exceeds goals successfully and consistently; Negotiating- ability to negotiate with internal and external groups, can win concessions while preserving relationships; Organizing- uses all resources effectively and orchestrates multiple activities at once; Strategic Agility- possesses broad knowledge and perspective, is future oriented; Organizational Agility-has broad knowledge and perspective, understands how organizations work; Prioritization- time manages to priorities, eliminates roadblocks, creates focus; Problem Solving-solves difficult problems with effective solutions; Motivates Others-creates climate where people want to do their best, shares ownership and vision; Builds Effective Teams-creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of entire team .
Pacific Seafood offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental and vision as well as a 401k plan with a discretionary company match. To find out more about our company visit our website at www.pacseafood.com . Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer.
Pacific Seafood Group - 10 months ago