Logistics Manager position is responsible for the implementation and execution of process management and manages total customer satisfaction in a logistics operation.
Bachelor's degree in Business Logistics or Transportation or 8 (eight) years of combined college and/or relevant equivalent work experience is required.
Minimum of 2 (two) years of supervisory experience required.
Experience with warehouse and or software applications, routing and dispatch software systems required.
Experience with ground transportation operations including DOT, OSHA and all related safety regulations.
The Project Manager will be responsible on expanding Ryder’s foot print in the Miami marketplace. Incumbent should have sales experience responsibilities, be skillful at problem solving, excellent communication skills, cold calling skills and the ability to find new business, as well as grow existing business. As part of the Ryder team, the project manager will also handle a variety of tasks such as analysis and utilization of continuous improvement tools to design Supply Chain Solutions in current and future operations. They will be required to exercise independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired outcomes by using the lean methodology.
• Educate and develop prospects regarding Ryder’s Value Proposition and Services offered.
• Ability to use technology and self-motivation to accurately research and engage customers to identify future opportunities.
• Resident site expert and consultant on Ryder services
• Provide support and guidance on Lean Six Sigma projects
• Supports continuous improvement deployment, using fundamentals of lean and six sigma, that lead to improved business results
• Leads and implements organizational changes based on lean methodology initiatives and provides input and recommendations on future activities
• Assist in implementing and maintaining Customer Satisfaction Management and Scope Management processes
• Collects data and performs statistical analysis
• Maps and documents processes
• Works with other team members to develop alternative solutions
• 3-5 yrs successful sales experience
• Bachelors Degree required in Business/Engineering/Logistics or equivalent program or a minimum of 7 (seven) years process or operations management experience.
• Prior experience selling in a B2B environment; inside sales experience preferred.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
• TQM, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Mixed Model Flow/Pull and other process improvement experience
• Business Acumen
• Strong oral/written communication and customer relations skills.
• Demonstrate sales aptitude; assertive, persistent, good listener, self-motivated, excellent closing skills.
• Well organized. Effective time and activity management skills.
• Mature and self confident with the ability to work under pressure.
• Must be goal-oriented; must be able to reach and exceed monthly/yearly quotas.
• Ability to prioritize work, with attention to detail.
• Aptitude for acquiring selling skills and product knowledge.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Able to work independently as well as with a team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Intermediate level skills with SPC Excel such as, Setting up proper Data Collection Procedures, Cleanup of Data (Validation, and Outlier Removal), Construction and Interpretation of Control Charts, Control Chart Rules and Statistical Analysis, Common Causes vs. Special Causes and Corrective Actions, Guidelines on when to change Control Limits, Application of Multiple Charts, Calculating Process Capability, and Predicting Defect Rates
Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills preferred.
3-5 years of experience in a transportation, warehouse or distribution environment preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred.
Ensuring flawless execution and adherence to pre-established customer critical success factors.
Management of all areas of transportation to include safety, transportation, DOT regulation, compliance, P and L responsibility, distribution and customer service.
Management of assigned direct reports to include employee relation issues, performance management, new employee training and development.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
Ryder - 8 months ago
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...