The Logistics Manager (LM) will fill the key gap between the operationally-focused business analyst and the Business Development Associate (BDA). Their primary objective is to provide our clients with world-class analytical and relationship management – filling the role of the long-term logistics expert/consultant and matching our products and services with the logistics objectives of our clients.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and analyze client data weekly for trends, issues and additional opportunities for freight cost savings.
- Review open client requests. Check status and ensure progress towards request closure and client satisfaction. Review carrier performance and client’s satisfaction with it.
- Conduct monthly client reviews. Review company tools and services available to their clients. Document which ones are being used, their satisfaction with them and demonstrate the newer tools that they’re not using (or ones that have just been made available
- Attempt to sell client on new services and/or offer additional cost savings opportunities through cost analysis, if applicable.
- Create case studies highlighting client's use of the product/services for marketing and retention purpose.
- Cost minimization: Review opportunities for client to move to EDI. Investigate other ways to reduce operational cost while maintaining the same high level of service.
- Perform all other tasks/functions as directed.
Desired Skills & Experience
The requirements listed within this posting are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform within the position. Individuals seeking the position must be detail-oriented, possess the ability to be a self-starter and maintain a strong work ethic.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Qualified applicants for the position of Logistics Manager will possess a BS/BA degree in logistics, general business or other applicable field. In lieu of formal education, a qualified applicant may possess requisite and equivalent experience for the Logistics Manager position (3+ years in industry).
- In addition to a strong desire to succeed, a Logistics Manager should have a detailed and well-rounded understanding of the transportation industry, a high level of ability to both deploy and manipulate spreadsheet applications and databases, as well as, maintain the capability to utilize other analytical tools.
- As a requirement for the Logistics Manager position, 1-5 years of industry experience, specifically within transportation analytics or account logistical and supply chain management, should be documented.
Transportation Insight - 20 months ago