Logistics Manager will be responsible for inbound and outbound transportation operations and analytics, reporting to the Senior Account Manager.
- Accept accountability for transportation functions across account
- Build and maintain carrier relationships at the local level
- Facilitate quarterly carrier reviews & score carding
- Direct involvement in account metrics gathering and analysis
- Support Carrier Services activities
- Carrier searching and qualifying
- Assist in resolving invoicing issues
- Drive standardization in invoicing
- Support Freight Payment
- Assist Implementation Manager in location startup for additional locations
- Report on project progress and manage customer expectations
- Identify and quantify potential supply chain improvements
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage sometimes complex organizational issues involving customer’s various functional areas and multiple plant locations
- Assist in identifying mode optimization opportunities
- Manage and mentor on-site logistics technicians
- Perform as warehouse liaison, supporting warehouse projects and testing as needed
- Travel up to 10%
- Degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or related field or substantial relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated leadership and management capability—a “mentor”.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and patience.
- Experience managing carriers with LTL, TL and intermodal modes.
UTi Worldwide - 10 months ago